Would you choose Lumia 920 again?

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
you have to admit it at some point that what we have here is BETA phone !!

WP is wonderful and Nokia is going to be great but not until the next year or after :angry:

My phone has a very good camera and maybe a little bit better than other phone of the LAST year so what about the 13 mb camera of the phones of this year !!!!!!

....this phone was released in November of 2012....

SergeMcG

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Among my circle of friends who bought a Lumia 920, there is nobody who had issues. All I read is those few complaining. Nokia customer service and after sales service is second to none for quality if you have the rare bad luck to need their service.
I don't think I would ever buy an Apple or Android. The only smartphone I would get back to is my Nokia N8 on Symbian. There are some basic features you always get on a Symbian which (if you get used to) you don't find on a WP8/iPhone/Android. Now that I'm used to my Lumia 920 I wouldn't go back, no.
Having said that I think you shouldn't be mulling over for too long.

theta orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
A resounding, emphatic yes! Can't speak for anyone but myself but this is the very best phone...er...mobile device. It does everything I need it to do and its good looking too!

DanBB1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Definetily. I understand that Nokia has had some build quality issues with Lumia 920, and some people have had various problems with their 920's giving them a bad experience. Maybe I was a lucky one. Sometimes I see little bit of dust under the FFC when I try to look, but it doesn't bother me. Sometimes it's gone and it doesn't seem to affect the video quality. Within 2+ months only couple of reboots, shutdowns and empty batteries. Soft reset a week would probably keep the random hick ups away. I'm very happy with the device. I'm more disappointed with WP8, but I'm hopeful that in time it will get better and better.

gerbilly

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
lucky you :smile:

I am not a person who ask for features but :
1- Browser can not open a tab in background is not the best browser !! has no nevagation for youtube video , come on !!
2- Contact app missing a lot of features to be fine , I don't like to have 3rd party app !
3- I am really missing fast toggle !! Don't do it microsoft but at least give the developers the ability to ... I am at map app , the app tells me your GPS is not on !! So give me the ability to do it without closing the app , the same for bluetooth when sending photo !!
4- Setting is missing dozen of Basic setting like sms ringtone , keyboard volume control ....
5- Maps is outdated , google map much better , and offline nev is *** !!
6- I don't even want to start talking about apps , you would say that you should have know it before buying !! NO , nokia said that it is working on whatsapp version then nothing !! where is microsoft apps and games that we promised to have !!

when you see the new phone released at the end of this year , then you will know what I am saying !!! and Nokia already knew it and not having a lot of phones manufactured at the release date even though wp8 was late , and also samsung and other phones companies !! as an example No HD display for htc and samsung and No 13 mb camera !!!

Sorry I am not buying that, I used google maps with my Sony Xperia S ,it was outdated and never had new roads included. Also the pronunciations would annoy the **** out of me.
I ended up using one you pay for. Nokia is far better in my opinion.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I am not buying that, I used google maps with my Sony Xperia S ,it was outdated and never had new roads included. Also the pronunciations would annoy the **** out of me.
I ended up using one you pay for. Nokia is far better in my opinion.

In my country there is a governmental commission have been there for over than ten years and it is not there in the map !!!
My hospital is a very well known one , My branch have been there for over three years , it is not on the map , you can find in online search but not without !! no trace on tha map itself !!
theses found them all in google map !! maybe in your country is updated but I think I can't use it :amaze:

To be honest I like Nokia map and it has the potential to be the best but Nokia has to work on it much more , google is not better than Nokia but google maps is been updating everyday by thousand of users all around the world .

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My L920 is the best WP ever. I am a device nut my friends will tell you I change devices like I change pants. I try all the other OS's just to get a comparison. I feel that opinions mean little if you don't have hands on experience. After recently having a GS3, I4S, and GNote the OG I moved to the L920 it is the best device for me and the best WP available at the present time IMHO. I will be keeping my L920 until Nokia comes out with something better.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
....this phone was released in November of 2012....

SO !!! that was 3 months ago !!
The phone have been lunched in big country like India less than month ago , and there are couple of country still waiting for it !!

So after 5 month off release you will have S4, M7 , Xperia Z ,LG ... all of them will came wiht full HD screen , 13 mb camera !!!
People does not care about release date esp when the phone has been launched less than 5 months ago !!!

Beta phone man !!!
Next year WP8 phones will be stunning !!

Ruben Verbaan

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes and now my wife also wants one. She now has a Samsung Galaxy ... (one of the many types, don't know which). Its an ugly plasticy thing running some old version of Andriod. But once she got her hands on my Lumia she fell in love with the beautiful design and quality of the 920 and the fresh UI of Windows phone. I'm trying to convince her into getting the 620 and save some money haha. But she wants the best of the best... I guess the only two problems we have now is choosing the color and actually getting one. They're still in short supply here in Holland...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion