02-13-2013 09:49 AM
53 123
tools
    I've seen stuff like this happen many times with cases and other phones. It's inevitable. The quality of most cases is crap, meaning grit gets inside. If there's enough play in the case you're inevitable going to get friction. It's almost like having high grit sandpaper stuck to your phone. This sort of thing tends to be far more noticeable with matte finishes than glossy. Glossy tends to stay glossy. But when matte finishes wear down they get smoother and acquire a glossy sheen making the difference obvious.

This is why matte paint on cars is rare, because it's much higher maintenance than glossy clear coat. It ages quicker and when it wears you run into this same exact problem.

This is why I'm so reluctant to get a case for my phone. Either get something high quality, that truly encloses the phone with a tight seal or nothing at all.

Either way, it's ridiculous to blame Nokia. You have an extenuating factor here and the wear is obviously due to the case.
    socialcarpet and dabdoub81 like this.
    02-13-2013 09:22 AM
    This is a thread of disappointing of Nokia quality , don't know where to start but to keep it short , I bought this case for my L920 month ago :
    Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

And yesterday I removed it to clean the phone from some dust got beneath then I was shocked when I found that the color of the upper and lower border have been ruined !!!!
    Really disappointed

Attachment has been uploaded ,but notice it is worse than the photo because of the light reflection

By the way anyone complaining of disability of using the L920 keyboard on this forum !!
    This happened to the Lumia 800 and the rubber cases that came with the phone. The Matte finishing on the phone didn't help things.
    dabdoub81 likes this.
    02-13-2013 09:39 AM
    Did anyone ever notice wear in polycarbonate with brodit car holder?
    Passive holder with tilt swivel Nokia Lumia 920 511462 | Brodit
    02-13-2013 09:49 AM
53 123