Really Nokia !!! is this your good quality !!

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This is a thread of disappointing of Nokia quality , don't know where to start but to keep it short , I bought this case for my L920 month ago :
Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

And yesterday I removed it to clean the phone from some dust got beneath then I was shocked when I found that the color of the upper and lower border have been ruined !!!!
Really disappointed :crying::crying:

Attachment has been uploaded ,but notice it is worse than the photo because of the light reflection :unhappy:

By the way anyone complaining of disability of using the L920 keyboard on this forum !!

Attachments

• altAk6Jsy_YeZbD_SRUft7AO_Q1hSc4LisKQsahuudarIzV_jpg(1) (1).jpg
    altAk6Jsy_YeZbD_SRUft7AO_Q1hSc4LisKQsahuudarIzV_jpg(1) (1).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 138

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry for your misfortune =/ I wish that we all never experience it but sadly there will always be lemons in the batch.

and YES I am experiencing keyboard disappearing on this forum!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
You said dust. I doubt dust would cause that, but dirt, sand or any type of grit would do that to any plastic cased phone. Just saying.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The cover on my 920 hasn't caused any damage. You were the one that said the damage is from "the cover itself".

obviously , it does not take a smart guy to figure out that this would not happen if I did not have the cover but at the same time any idiot would know that this is not supposed to happen with a good quility phone !!!!!!
So what do you think ? is this supposed to happen normally with the cheapest cover and with a good quality phone !!

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
obviously , it does not take a smart guy to figure out that this would not happen if I did not have the cover but at the same time any idiot would know that this is not supposed to happen with a good quility phone !!!!!!
So what do you think ? is this supposed to happen normally with the cheapest cover and with a good quality phone !!
Here's an analogy: The human body is an amazing machine, but if you feed it crap how do expect it to look amazing?

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Here's an analogy: The human body is an amazing machine, but if you feed it crap how do expect it to look amazing?

Can a human body with good feeding stand this :

Nokia Lumia 920 Hammer & Knife Scratch Test - YouTube

I hope you got my point !!!!
How could a phone stand this and got ruined with a cover !!!?
I have been using phone for 15 years now , used maybe around dozen just from Nokia , and this never happened to me with the cheapest covers !!
By the way the cover I used is made in USA and it is a good one !

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
IDK, this sounds like a silly excuse to bash Nokia. I haven't seen others saying that their phones are messed up by generic cases. My gel case hasn't scratched up my case at all. It sounds like you got a crappy case, and those tests in that video were or the Gorilla Glass screen. If you watch drop tests, you see where the white body gets nicked up.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Google the word "friction", no phone body will stand up to it with the right variables in the right circumstances. I regularly pop off my TPU case and clean out any dust/dirt from my pocket or whatever.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You said dust. I doubt dust would cause that, but dirt, sand or any type of grit would do that to any plastic cased phone. Just saying.

Lint in pockets can be kind of gritty. I always make sure I get all the gritty lint out of the pockets when I take my clothes out of the dryer.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Google the word "friction", no phone body will stand up to it with the right variables in the right circumstances. I regularly pop off my TPU case and clean out any dust/dirt from my pocket or whatever.

Lint in pockets can be kind of gritty. I always make sure I get all the gritty lint out of the pockets when I take my clothes out of the dryer.

I don't think this is friction !! the dust I found is only around the screen protector edges , but be honest have you ever had this before or seen one !!and shouldn't the friction from dust cause micro scratches !! the one I have is like the color of the plastic cover of the phone has been wore out , color is fading !
I am not saying Nokia has a bad quality but definitely not an excellent one .

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Uhmm... I have the exact same Diztronic cover and been using it for 2 months now, and I have not seen this defect anywhere on my phone.

Please just tell me what kind of case is it !!! is it a good one or a cheap one !
Thank you , I have been waiting for people with the same cover .

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would guess that if a phone is a loose fit inside a case then it is more likely to be scratched as dust and grit builds up inside the case and the phone rubs against it, the case i recently bought is a tight fit to the phone and hopefully won't suffer possible movement scratches..

anon(5355319)

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Please just tell me what kind of case is it !!! is it a good one or a cheap one !
Thank you , I have been waiting for people with the same cover .

It's probably a good one since I am not having any issues like the one you are having. I think the quality is good, very rubbery, it has a very snug fit to the phone, however it can get slippery sometimes. Hope that answered the question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb