Really Nokia !!! is this your good quality !!

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
oldpueblo has it right! pop the case off now and then and clean your phone and case. i learned the hard way with my i-phone and an otter box defender, i thought that thing was sealed! i never took the phone out of the case and one day i took it out and was amazed how much dirt and grit was inside the case scratching up my phone. i switched to a commuter case and a screen protector and cleaned it once in awhile and i had a lot less scratches.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You didn't needed a case to begin with. That Nokia quality that you're being sarcastic about is quite real. I h ace no case at all and I am not delicate with my phone and it still looks like new after 2-3 months. I'm sorry this happened, but it is not Nokia's fault you bought a cheap ill-fitting case that rubbed your phone raw. I hate to be blunt, but it's the truth.

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
The body of Lumia 920 is machined from a single piece of polycarbonate, i wouldn't expect to see discoloration, i might expect to see scratches. due to rubbing of dust between phone body & the cover. It is strange, did some one contact Nokia customer service ?

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, the top/bottom edges of my matte black Lumia 920 have become more smooth/glossy due to not using a case initially. I regularly slip it in and out of my jeans pocket, so the friction against fabric eventually smoothed out the edges. I can't really fault Nokia for that.

I just got a black CC-1043 case. It's form-fitting, and I can't see the wear and scratches anymore.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This!

Don't blame Nokia for what a case did to your phone.

In two minutes I have remembered at least more than 20 devices (a lot of them are Nokia) I had used over the past 15 years of using cell phone with tens of covers most of them are cheap (1-2 $) and I never had this before ... WHY !!!!

Actually I am not upset anymore about the phone cuz I am really pissed of right now of FaNokia boys who can not see that this devise is the worst from Nokia as a hardware quality !!!
Looks good , feels good but it is not that good !!!

My father still has his N95 till now cuz he is not a big fan of touch screen phones and he realy has abused his phone for years and the phone still standing with no complain !!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I used this BlackBerry for about 1 1/2 years. Look at my "t" key.

temporary-46.jpg

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh ,I felt sorry for the poor phone :winktongue:
you must be in love with the letter T !!

Don't forget this could happen with any devise even laptops with too much typing !! and also Nokia used to do better phones than what BB is doing right now .

thanks for sharing .
That was a BlackBerry I used from May 2009 to November 2010.

I've also worn the paint off a few keys and the touchpad on my HP laptop.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
slid mine across tables many times before I got a case, never has a single scratch. been using my CC1043 case for 10 days now, still no scratch

Last edited:

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
that's what you get for putting a case on a Lumia 920. I've had my 920 for almost 3 months now with no protection whatsover, and so far, there's not a scratch on the glass or body. I've even dropped it 2 or 3 times.

the 920 is a beast, you don't lock it up, you don't chain it up, you don't dress it up, you don't muzzle it. Let the beast run free, let it soar, respect and trust in it's strength and it will serve you well.

vicz_81

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Got the same problem with my dizronics lumia 920 red case, it make light scratch to each side the phone case but better that way than the other

Nathan Pridemore

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's weird, being a single piece of polycarbonate that's the same color all the way through (as in it's not painted). It looks like whatever the case is made of reacted with the phones polycarbonate and dulled the finish, I would take either a magic eraser or some polishing compound and buff it out, I bet that would fix it.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't know.. The way I see it is like, you have a son and to protect him while playing skateboard, you bought him a couple of low quality knee-pads and all to keep him safe. But when he fell, the knee-pad somehow made some bruises on your son's knees. Instead of putting the fault on the knee-pad that cause the injury, you blame your son for having a low-quality skin... Just the way I see it though.

I've had an experience of protection case ruining my phone. I used my N97 mini without a protection case for a year and I didn't have any problem and not a single scratch at all. But then, I decided to protect it and bought a cheap MYR10 cover to protect the back. A week later, I took it off and found the cover had scratched the edge and the back of my phone! So, after that I decided to let the device free without any casing whatsoever. Until today, I didn't register any new scratches to it. I didn't blame Nokia for having a not-so-good quality phone, but I blame the cover for not being a good quality product and ruined my phone. Yes, also my mistake for buying a cheap cover...

Anyway, I feel sorry about your phone though. I know how it feels like to have that kind of thing happened, even if it is small enough for some. Just live with it because to me, these small scratches and all kind sort of adds a character to the phone.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know.. The way I see it is like, you have a son and to protect him while playing skateboard, you bought him a couple of low quality knee-pads and all to keep him safe. But when he fell, the knee-pad somehow made some bruises on your son's knees. Instead of putting the fault on the knee-pad that cause the injury, you blame your son for having a low-quality skin... Just the way I see it though.
Or like blaming the car when you get in an accident and the airbag leaves bruises on your face...

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

I've had an experience of protection case ruining my phone. I used my N97 mini without a protection case for a year and I didn't have any problem and not a single scratch at all. But then, I decided to protect it and bought a cheap MYR10 cover to protect the back. A week later, I took it off and found the cover had scratched the edge and the back of my phone! So, after that I decided to let the device free without any casing whatsoever. Until today, I didn't register any new scratches to it. I didn't blame Nokia for having a not-so-good quality phone, but I blame the cover for not being a good quality product and ruined my phone. Yes, also my mistake for buying a cheap cover...

Anyway, I feel sorry about your phone though. I know how it feels like to have that kind of thing happened, even if it is small enough for some. Just live with it because to me, these small scratches and all kind sort of adds a character to the phone.

Or like blaming the car when you get in an accident and the airbag leaves bruises on your face...

Don't you people read before start typing !!!

omg.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb