Really Nokia !!! is this your good quality !!

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't you people read before start typing !!!
Of course I do. You bought a cheap case, and put it on your phone. Your phone got scuffed - under the case. Instead of blaming the case, you blame the phone. It's a little ridiculous, because if you hadn't put that case on your phone, your phone wouldn't have gotten those scuffs. That isn't the phone's fault.

This isn't like the epidemic with the iPhone4, where the glass shattered beneath cases when debris got in. Your phone got a little scuffed. Perhaps a better case wouldn't have caused this? It appears that your case is fairly unique, or these forums would be flooded with similar posts. Therefore, the likely conclusion is that your case caused your phone to get scuffed.

/smackdown

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
In two minutes I have remembered at least more than 20 devices (a lot of them are Nokia) I had used over the past 15 years of using cell phone with tens of covers most of them are cheap (1-2 $) and I never had this before ... WHY !!!!

I don't think you did :eck::eck:
what about the reply above !!!!! so your conclusion about that is my cover is unique !

And about your example it should be like that someone did an accident and the airbag did not respond due to the poor quality car manufacturing so the driver go screwed then people in the car company told him that it is your fault cuz you had an accident !!!

millions of cheap covers manufactured all around the world every year , never heard of phone got scratched like this before , but maybe like you said before that my cover is unique !!!

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Don't you people read before start typing !!!

I did read this whole thread and the damage seem to come from your cheap cover that let the dust or sand into the edge of your cover. Otherwise, where on earth did you get that? A ghost sneak into the side of your cover and slowly scuffing the edge of your screen off?

Of course I do. You bought a cheap case, and put it on your phone. Your phone got scuffed - under the case. Instead of blaming the case, you blame the phone. It's a little ridiculous, because if you hadn't put that case on your phone, your phone wouldn't have gotten those scuffs. That isn't the phone's fault.

^ Just simply put into this. It's your cover that made the damage, blame the cover and not the phone. That's our conclusion.

You know what I would do....put the case back on.

Exactly! Put the back cover on and be happy. If you find it bothersome, get the screen replaced. Done..

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I did read this whole thread and the damage seem to come from your cheap cover that let the dust or sand into the edge of your cover. Otherwise, where on earth did you get that? A ghost sneak into the side of your cover and slowly scuffing the edge of your screen off?

^ Just simply put into this. It's your cover that made the damage, blame the cover and not the phone. That's our conclusion.

Exactly! Put the back cover on and be happy. If you find it bothersome, get the screen replaced. Done..

Fine lets say you are right but please answer me this :
Why this never happened to me before !!?

I can tell that I used dozens of cellphone with my family and close friends and we really like to change phones , and we always used much cheaper cases for years !! NEVER happened !!
by the way I am seeing now some scratches all around the phone not only the borders and believe me it really looks like the color is coming out !!!

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

I can tell that I used dozens of cellphone with my family and close friends and we really like to change phones , and we always used much cheaper cases for years !! NEVER happened !!
by the way I am seeing now some scratches all around the phone not only the borders and believe me it really looks like the color is coming out !!!

Well, in our life we will always experience something new and what we've never seen before - be it good or bad. It could be your case being problematic. I mean, it's owkey and fine buying a cheap case but make sure you inspect the quality first before putting it on an expensive device. At least that's what I did now. I feel sorry about the scratches on your phone though. Been there, done that. But sometimes you just have to live with it. Mourning over it won't make it any better...

From my experience, yes a cheap case ruined my N97 mini and now I leave it just as it is, I never register a single new scratch on it.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Here is a guess as to why it has never happened before... You have never used this specific kind of case on this specific kind of phone. Sometimes, things just don't play well together. Budget manufacturers of ANYTHING cheap are under constant pressure to cut expenses so they have the cheapest product out there and still make as much money as possible. Perhaps they used a slightly different chemical in manufacturing this style of case. Maybe they even ran low and got a bad mixture, resulting in a bad batch. This case you are using was not made of the exact same chemical compounds as all your previous cheap cases. It isn't even made using the exact same chemical compounds as a visually identical case by another manufacturer. The reasons why this could happen now and never before are endless.

The fact of the matter is, your case damaged your phone. That is the fault of the cheap case, not the phone.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
1. Stop using (!!!!) marks after each and every sentence. It makes you look like a troll on a hunt to talk crap about one specific manufacturer for no apparent reason.
2. You used a cheap, chinese (most likely) case that wasn't approved by Nokia or any other reputable 3rd party accessories maker.
3. Instead of blaming a case manufacturer for what happened, you blame Nokia. It's the same as putting an unnecessary cover on a steering wheel and then blaming car manufacturer because your airbags didn't deploy properly.
4. Why do you think most manufacturers recommend only using approved accessories? It's because these approved accessories were tested on a specific device and cleared for sale.
5. This case doesn't have any kind of quality control so all of them are different. (You don't even know what material it's made of except plastic).
6.This never happened to you because different phones react differently to different cases.
7. What happened to your phone is NOT the fault of Nokia. Go blame the case manufacturer.
8. Stop using (!!!!!) marks.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1. Stop using (!!!!) marks after each and every sentence. It makes you look like a troll on a hunt to talk crap about one specific manufacturer for no apparent reason.
2. You used a cheap, chinese (most likely) case that wasn't approved by Nokia or any other reputable 3rd party accessories maker.
3. Instead of blaming a case manufacturer for what happened, you blame Nokia. It's the same as putting an unnecessary cover on a steering wheel and then blaming car manufacturer because your airbags didn't deploy properly.
4. Why do you think most manufacturers recommend only using approved accessories? It's because these approved accessories were tested on a specific device and cleared for sale.
5. This case doesn't have any kind of quality control so all of them are different. (You don't even know what material it's made of except plastic).
6.This never happened to you because different phones react differently to different cases.
7. What happened to your phone is NOT the fault of Nokia. Go blame the case manufacturer.
8. Stop using (!!!!!) marks.
Why be so serious? Obviously a raging kid here.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've seen stuff like this happen many times with cases and other phones. It's inevitable. The quality of most cases is crap, meaning grit gets inside. If there's enough play in the case you're inevitable going to get friction. It's almost like having high grit sandpaper stuck to your phone. This sort of thing tends to be far more noticeable with matte finishes than glossy. Glossy tends to stay glossy. But when matte finishes wear down they get smoother and acquire a glossy sheen making the difference obvious.

This is why matte paint on cars is rare, because it's much higher maintenance than glossy clear coat. It ages quicker and when it wears you run into this same exact problem.

This is why I'm so reluctant to get a case for my phone. Either get something high quality, that truly encloses the phone with a tight seal or nothing at all.

Either way, it's ridiculous to blame Nokia. You have an extenuating factor here and the wear is obviously due to the case.

VoodooKing#WP

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
This is a thread of disappointing of Nokia quality , don't know where to start but to keep it short , I bought this case for my L920 month ago :
Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

And yesterday I removed it to clean the phone from some dust got beneath then I was shocked when I found that the color of the upper and lower border have been ruined !!!!
Really disappointed :crying::crying:

Attachment has been uploaded ,but notice it is worse than the photo because of the light reflection :unhappy:

By the way anyone complaining of disability of using the L920 keyboard on this forum !!

This happened to the Lumia 800 and the rubber cases that came with the phone. The Matte finishing on the phone didn't help things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb