Battery issues... Microsoft & Nokia developers...read this......

chetan_merchant

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Lumia 920 since one month..

Heating is there but battery life is around 10-12 hrs

I have heavy 3G usage...some gaming and music..

I keep my NFC disabled, Nokia drive is off and switch off wifi when not in use..

Any smartphone with such a high resolution screen, live tiles, always on WiFi...should have rapid battery drain

This should definitely improve with future updates...I feel being patient and judicious use of your device will help..

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Microsoft & nokia developers...read this......

If my 920 didn't last all day with normal use I would look into the Huawei Ascend W1 which Huawei claims has a 1,950mAh battery and gives the Ascend W1 up to 19.6 days of standby time "the longest on the market for this type of phone." If I didn't like that phone I would get a Galaxy Note II where I can swap out the battery.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft & nokia developers...read this......

If my 920 didn't last all day with normal use I would look into the Huawei Ascend W1 which Huawei claims has a 1,950mAh battery and gives the Ascend W1 up to 19.6 days of standby time "the longest on the market for this type of phone." If I didn't like that phone I would get a Galaxy Note II where I can swap out the battery.

Or the Ativ?

Bob Hoil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
RE: Microsoft & nokia developers...read this......

I have NFC enabled, 4g, multiple live tiles, and background tasks.. Get about 13 hours of hard use while I stand at work..
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

If i buy a Ferari, advertised as the latest and greatest, fantastic radio, amazing top speed, air conditioning, convertible and efficient engine and a large fuel tank then great, I know that if I drive at top speed with all the gizmos active my MPG is going to be low. but not so low that its unuseable as a car. Thats the PROBLEM with the 920. it has great features..but WHAT is the point of having all the nice things IF you CANT use them for more than 8 hours? I absolutely refuse to listen to anyone who thinks that a battery life of less than 8 hours with moderate/normal use (but everything turned on) is 'normal' it is NOT and you are only justifing to yourself after spending money on something that is BELOW the standard (way below) compared to an iPhone (which I have) a Galaxy Nexus (which I have) and a Blackberry (ok not really a smartphone) The fact is 920 has great features but **** battery consumtion. question is, will/can they fix it? Yes then great!!! we/I own one of the best phones out there. If No then its a nice expensive door stop. time will tell.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

What's the "blue" update?

Major update and new features in a few months :) and 'hoping' a fix to the battery issues. WP* is well known to have been released as a 'rush' and Blue is meant to give the functionality as it was meant to be.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Major update and new features in a few months :) and 'hoping' a fix to the battery issues. WP* is well known to have been released as a 'rush' and Blue is meant to give the functionality as it was meant to be.

So this is a post Portico update? Is there a thread anywhere containing details?

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. I had seen that headline on the front page, but had never read the article. As long as they keep making net improvements, I'll be happy.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

So? Is that suppose to be an excuse for poor battery?

My phone easily lasts me all day with WiFi on and 4 push email accounts. I don't keep NFC on because I am not using NFC all day. I don't use it at all actually.

I'm not aware of any phone that doesn't take a dramatic hit to battery life if you insist on leaving absolutely everything on all the time whether you are using it or not. If this is a problem for you, perhaps you should look at something like the Motorola Razr Maxx which has a 3300 mah battery I believe.

I'm confident that most people have enough sense to turn off features they generally don't use frequently if they want more battery life. I also expect future updates to the OS will fine tune the battery life, as this seems to be what happens with other phone OS's.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Guess I had a bad day when I started this thread hehe. Comeon MS and Nokia, were all rooting for you! ...its an open goal, dont miss!!!!....please?

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

When I was in an LTE area over Christmas, my phone would do good to last 6-8 hours under moderate to heavy use with everything turned off. Maybe that's not abnormal, but it was a dramatic reduction in battery life in comparison to what I experience in non LTE areas.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
When I was in an LTE area over Christmas, my phone would do good to last 6-8 hours under moderate to heavy use with everything turned off. Maybe that's not abnormal, but it was a dramatic reduction in battery life in comparison to what I experience in non LTE areas.

I'm on LTE all the time in my area. I have all of the above settings turned on except NFC (I don't use it). And my battery lasts all day long.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You'll find if you have 4G, blutooth, NFC, etc... all on with all live tiles, the battery will die...much like it will with any android phone or iphone....
I haven't used an Android device in years, but I can tell you from my experience (I own both an iPhone 5 and a Lumia 920) the iPhone 5 blows the Lumia 920 out of the water when it comes to battery life. For those that say the iPhone doesn't have live tiles, don't forget that a lot of iOS apps use push notification - almost synonymous to live tiles.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I have NFC enabled, 4g, multiple live tiles, and background tasks.. Get about 13 hours of hard use while I stand at work..
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Same here.

OP how long have you had your Lumia and how many times have you charged the battery? Keep toping it off don't let it drain just keep bump charging it for a few days see if your battery life goes up. Keep in mind that wireless charging can overcharge the battery so take it off the charger as soon as you can after it reaches full charge.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Same here.

OP how long have you had your Lumia and how many times have you charged the battery? Keep toping it off don't let it drain just keep bump charging it for a few days see if your battery life goes up. Keep in mind that wireless charging can overcharge the battery so take it off the charger as soon as you can after it reaches full charge.

I don't believe that wireless charging BS. I leave mine on the wireless charger over night and never have issues. I'm going to test it tonight, bit I'm pretty sure when I wake up in the morning its not still showing the charging indicator.

It would be ridiculous to expect users to babysit the charging devices to see when its at 100%.

I feel my battery life has actually gotten better over time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel