Battery issues... Microsoft & Nokia developers...read this......

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Microsoft & nokia developers...read this......

OP, you may just have some problems with your handset, like many others around here. I received few days ago a replacement phone (for an unrelated matter). This second one has a much, much better battery life. With moderate-low usage I can go 48 hrs, while with the first one I was close to 20% after 12 hrs.

On the other hand, too many apps and all features ON will eventually drain the battery. Everything has a limit: just try plugging in and turning ON major appliances (electric oven, vacuum cleaner, AC, a laser printer) and you may end up tripping the main breaker.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

OP, you may just have some problems with your handset, like many others around here. I received few days ago a replacement phone (for an unrelated matter). This second one has a much, much better battery life. With moderate-low usage I can go 48 hrs, while with the first one I was close to 20% after 12 hrs.

On the other hand, too many apps and all features ON will eventually drain the battery. Everything has a limit: just try plugging in and turning ON major appliances (electric oven, vacuum cleaner, AC, a laser printer) and you may end up tripping the main breaker.

I wanted to test this...im sitting here at 11am..all lights are on, every gadget and device is on, ive hooked up my exercise bike with a dynamo feeding extra into the mains...i am getting tired...

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

This thread is a TRUE inspiration for me. I have been sleepless for so many nights in a row. Now I know what I need to do. I am going to write a forum post to BMW on money super market dot com, and let BMW finally know, why on earth can I not keep my music player on all the time, heating on all the time, phone charger on all the time, GPS screen on all the time, my tiny TV for back seat passengers on all the time AND keep the engine running all the time without needing to change my battery every few days and fuel every few hours!! It feels like I am using a bullock cart right now. Come on BMW, if I wanted a bullock cart, I won't be buying YOUR car.

Please let me know if BMW guys read their own forums more frequently than money super market dot com's forums by any chance.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

I haven't used an Android device in years, but I can tell you from my experience (I own both an iPhone 5 and a Lumia 920) the iPhone 5 blows the Lumia 920 out of the water when it comes to battery life. For those that say the iPhone doesn't have live tiles, don't forget that a lot of iOS apps use push notification - almost synonymous to live tiles.

23 pages worth of posts - I felt suffocated even being on that website, but you are welcome to see how everyone agrees to your comparison of blowing out of water - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4331259?start=30&tstart=0

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

i want file manager
i want better and frequent improvement/update
i want better apps
i want apps can install to sd card

i only hope these....microsoft

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Major update and new features in a few months :) and 'hoping' a fix to the battery issues. WP* is well known to have been released as a 'rush' and Blue is meant to give the functionality as it was meant to be.

That's incorrect. This is exactly how you end up expecting a Ferrari and not a phone.

To start with Blue is updates roll out for Windows 8 primary with Windows Phone 8 on side making two OS feel integrated much closely. Also, it isn't anything in near future. We haven't even got 8.1 yet. Blue is the name of their strategy of updates, not any single update that will come in any near future. You are looking at something that starts rolling out December 2013 or so. So no - blue is NOT going to fix your battery issues.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

1400 posts!!!! are your fingers tired? hehe

Was that for me? :s

I mostly posted pre-new site and WPC app. I still don't know how to multiquote on WPC app, so everytime I respond with the app, I end up writing so many posts! Some times mods are nice enough to merge my single posts into one.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I thought you were a mod! I like the WPC app. Think I will go read about Surface Pro for a bit.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm on LTE all the time in my area. I have all of the above settings turned on except NFC (I don't use it). And my battery lasts all day long.

Are you in the USA on AT&T? I've read some stuff indicating that there is something about AT&T's implementation of LTE that can negatively impact battery life. Whether or not that's true, I have no idea. I do know that when I spent a couple weeks over Christmas in an LTE area, I was surprised at the impact it had upon battery life. It literally felt like there was something sucking the juice out of it, particularly if I was actually using my phone. But the drain was also rather dramatic when I wasn't doing anything with the phone. Under normal use in a non-LTE area, I can probably get two days out of a charge.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site

With a lot of frustration, I have been experiencing high battery drain also, with the phone staying warm even while idle.
Following various comments, fixes, could be' on various forums, I hard reset my new, less than one week old, phone.
I was kind of annoyed, surprised it took a very long time to recover, with a picture of gears churning on the screen.
Finally it booted up with a message, reset or restore. Wasn't expecting the choice. I chose restore to see what's up.
There was an amazing amount of stuff to restore.
After restore completed, my phone was still having battery drain issues. I decided to check out what this back up and restore thing was.
Pardon me I never read the manual. No need to go into discussion of the process.
I then chose to disable back up and restore, soft reset, and boom. Battery usage is now at -2%/hr. instead of -12-20% idle.
Have any of you tried this?

originally posted on: lumia 920 Battery Issues

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

23 pages worth of posts - I felt suffocated even being on that website, but you are welcome to see how everyone agrees to your comparison of blowing out of water - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4331259?start=30&tstart=0

Exactly! Battery issues are the nature of the beast when dealing with smart phones and if you have a problem you post in forums.If you hit different forums you see the same issues. Look at android:unhappysweat:. My buddy was 3 updates behind on his 4s because every time he updated his phone locked up or the battery would last 3 hrs. I initially had issues with my something"sticking", I assume the OS or an app didn't load correctly. I reset the phone to factory and battery totally stabilized and has been improving daily.

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

i don't have a reason to turn NFC on all the time, what are you using NFC for ? so far i didn't find any use for NFC (please let me know if i am missing something), i have WiFi, 4G (AT&T USA) & live tiles turned on turned on all the time screen set to medium brightness & auto brightness on, my lumia 920 lasts all day, no complaints here, i have issues with my battery only if a shoot lot of videos or use Nokia Drive + Beta.

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

Resetting the phone does take a long time, at least 3 to 4 hrs for me, i agree this is annoying.
With a lot of frustration, I have been experiencing high battery drain also, with the phone staying warm even while idle.
Following various comments, fixes, could be' on various forums, I hard reset my new, less than one week old, phone.
I was kind of annoyed, surprised it took a very long time to recover, with a picture of gears churning on the screen.
Finally it booted up with a message, reset or restore. Wasn't expecting the choice. I chose restore to see what's up.
There was an amazing amount of stuff to restore.
After restore completed, my phone was still having battery drain issues. I decided to check out what this back up and restore thing was.
Pardon me I never read the manual. No need to go into discussion of the process.
I then chose to disable back up and restore, soft reset, and boom. Battery usage is now at -2%/hr. instead of -12-20% idle.
Have any of you tried this?

originally posted on: lumia 920 Battery Issues

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
OP: Buy an Android phone, even a Razr MAX, and enjoy the 6 hours you get out of it with all settings on.

Face it, batteries lag far behind just about every other form of tech. Decide what you're gonna use, and move on. Enough whining.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle