No body wants a Lumia

Status
Not open for further replies.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
the problem I have with ebay is all the scammer that will buy a phone, then they will just open a case on paypal saying they got something else, and you end up without a phone and money. I prefer to always sale in person. It must be my area then since others are stating that they sale well in their areas. I live in DFW area it has been really difficult to get someone interested in it. It is the AT&T locked version. But it really bothers me that it had took so long to get a sale on this phone, as I stated in the OP must time I have had an ad on craigslist for any other phone is 2 days, even when put an ad for a Lumia 900 (back in July) I was able to trade it in just hours. Is like nobody cares in my area. And yes, buying phones is like a hobby for my I just have to have every GSM phone that comes out in the US I'm not a ****** of any OS or specific brand., so I'm never with the same phone for more than 2 months

I think you're being a little paranoid about eBay. All you have to do is make sure the buyer has good feedback and 99.9% of the time you will have no problems.

JacksonSQD

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
@rockstarzzz: I don't buy things only to sell them, that's the kind of investment I meant; I buy things knowing the implications of my purchase, instead of buying something I probably won't like and the whining about how I wasted my money.
Sure, I probably paid a bit more than I should for a phone, but I'm happy with my purchase nonetheless.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
the problem I have with ebay is all the scammer that will buy a phone, then they will just open a case on paypal saying they got something else, and you end up without a phone and money. I prefer to always sale in person. It must be my area then since others are stating that they sale well in their areas. I live in DFW area it has been really difficult to get someone interested in it. It is the AT&T locked version. But it really bothers me that it had took so long to get a sale on this phone, as I stated in the OP must time I have had an ad on craigslist for any other phone is 2 days, even when put an ad for a Lumia 900 (back in July) I was able to trade it in just hours. Is like nobody cares in my area. And yes, buying phones is like a hobby for my I just have to have every GSM phone that comes out in the US I'm not a ****** of any OS or specific brand., so I'm never with the same phone for more than 2 months

What is wrong with your device? Are there scuff marks? What color is it? Frankly, I would be skeptical buying a device from a user if it's only been on the market for a couple of months..

aggie

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
You are aware that AT&T is selling their locked phones for a bright shiny penny right now, right?

for new customers, upgrade eligible, etc. Full retail is $449. Just because it is selling subsidized for a huge discount does not mean that is the true value of the phone. I for one, do not sign contracts and buy all my devices at retail. So, selling a slightly used phone at $350-380 is not unreasonable. There are many people like myself who switch phones quite a bit, do not sign contracts, and purchase phones at full retail. If he uses the proper outlet to sell the phone there's a good chance of fetching $300-350 for it.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I sold 2 Lumia 920s within hours of listing them on this site. You must be doing something wrong. It could be your spelling and grammar?

jeronimo21

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I scoured Craigslist for weeks trying to FIND a 920 with no luck, only one "but it had a shattered screen" out there. I got lucky and my local ATT rep knew a guy selling one... LOVE this phone !! What I dont love however.... is everyone whining and moaning about everything little thing then sending it back to Nokia

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This is the hardest phone to sell I have ever have, I usually stay with a phone for a couple of months before moving to something else, and always found my self selling the phone in 1 or 2 days after I put the ad on Craigslist, but men this Lumia 920 is like a virus, no body wants to have it, even when the price is super low, at first I tried $380.00, not a single call for a week, then I tried $350.00, still not a call after 3 days, is been now on $300 for 2 days and still no one, never getting a Windows phone again.. to hard to get rid of them....

Can't find them in Vegas on CL. I'm looking for another one for my wife. Try 250.00 and I'll get one from you. Especially if its Red.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it was 69 bucks on amazon couple of days ago.. and I am pretty sure that after the congress in Barcelona they will have to lower the price even further because of the new model announcements. I am guessing that it will be offered for free on ATT within 2 months.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it was 69 bucks on amazon couple of days ago.. and I am pretty sure that after the congress in Barcelona they will have to lower the price even further because of the new model announcements. I am guessing that it will be offered for free on ATT within 2 months.
But that's with a 2-year contract.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
This is the hardest phone to sell I have ever have, I usually stay with a phone for a couple of months before moving to something else, and always found my self selling the phone in 1 or 2 days after I put the ad on Craigslist, but men this Lumia 920 is like a virus, no body wants to have it, even when the price is super low, at first I tried $380.00, not a single call for a week, then I tried $350.00, still not a call after 3 days, is been now on $300 for 2 days and still no one, never getting a Windows phone again.. to hard to get rid of them....
I don't know where you are, but I was getting offers on my Lumia 900 for $225 AFTER the 920 came out and it wasn't too hard at all. I think saying that nobody wants one is a bit of an exaggeration.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

So let me get this right:
The 920 is a bad phone because no one wants to buy the one used phone you're trying to sell?
And that this somehow represents the market demand of the entire product range?

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I hear your struggles, but don't see the point of posting on this forum. Do you want people not to buy this phone because you think they wont be able to sell it or are you trying to sell the phone on this forum for $300????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster