No body wants a Lumia

Status
Not open for further replies.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
This is the hardest phone to sell I have ever have, I usually stay with a phone for a couple of months before moving to something else, and always found my self selling the phone in 1 or 2 days after I put the ad on Craigslist, but men this Lumia 920 is like a virus, no body wants to have it, even when the price is super low, at first I tried $380.00, not a single call for a week, then I tried $350.00, still not a call after 3 days, is been now on $300 for 2 days and still no one, never getting a Windows phone again.. to hard to get rid of them....

neoxphuse

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Vancouver's Craigslist, the 920's are hard to come by and have been going for 420-500 easily. Before I got mine, I must've emailed so many people they tend to go so fast, within a day or two. Must be the demand where you are. I can certainly say that demand in Vancouver is up. However, anything over 500 is hard, but I bought my Red one BNIB for 500.

JacksonSQD

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
A phone is a ******* investment; If you're going to buy one, at least think it through before pouring your hard earned money towards something that you risk not being satisfied with.
You should really try selling it on eBay though, I mean really, who uses Craigslist in comparison to eBay..

On another note, I'm loving my 920. :)

vakama94

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna make the same question as cj-m, is it carrier locked or the international version? If it is the international version then I'd like to know about it 'cause I'm familiarizing with all the OS's available.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
the problem I have with ebay is all the scammer that will buy a phone, then they will just open a case on paypal saying they got something else, and you end up without a phone and money. I prefer to always sale in person. It must be my area then since others are stating that they sale well in their areas. I live in DFW area it has been really difficult to get someone interested in it. It is the AT&T locked version. But it really bothers me that it had took so long to get a sale on this phone, as I stated in the OP must time I have had an ad on craigslist for any other phone is 2 days, even when put an ad for a Lumia 900 (back in July) I was able to trade it in just hours. Is like nobody cares in my area. And yes, buying phones is like a hobby for my I just have to have every GSM phone that comes out in the US I'm not a ****** of any OS or specific brand., so I'm never with the same phone for more than 2 months

reckoner79

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
People are stupid and if its not an iPhone or Android they won't even bother considering it. I've had the same issue with an 8x, no one on CL wanted it. The masses are a bunch of idiotic zombies that have been conditioned to think iOS/Android are cool to have.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
at first I tried $380.00, not a single call for a week, then I tried $350.00, still not a call after 3 days, is been now on $300 for 2 days and still no one
It is the AT&T locked version.
You are aware that AT&T is selling their locked phones for a bright shiny penny right now, right?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
As long as you are selling locked phone for that price, of course. You can get the phone for under 50 from AT&T brand new. It would be another story if you would be selling it on the unlocked market.

Nokia is still dropping so little amount of 920's here in Sweden that people are buying it from auctions for silly money. Yellow Lumia 920 especially is ridiculous. They really need to get that supply sorted. They were able to sell/make 5 times more smartphones just 2 years ago.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
A phone is a ******* investment; If you're going to buy one, at least think it through before pouring your hard earned money towards something that you risk not being satisfied with.
You should really try selling it on eBay though, I mean really, who uses Craigslist in comparison to eBay..

On another note, I'm loving my 920. :)

I bet you make pretty bad investments. Phone is everything but an investment. As soon as it's out of the box, it goes down in price by 10-20%. I won't call even an iPhone an investment. Yeah, good re-sale price, but don't count on swapping your phone for a loaf of bread in Zimbabwe!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I bet you make pretty bad investments. Phone is everything but an investment. As soon as it's out of the box, it goes down in price by 10-20%. I won't call even an iPhone an investment. Yeah, good re-sale price, but don't count on swapping your phone for a loaf of bread in Zimbabwe!

People whining about resale values always get me. "Ohh, but my iPhone will be worth hundreds more!" The last 4 times I have sold a phone, I have sold it for +/-$25 of the ORIGINAL contract price. It doesn't matter that I can get $200 for an iPhone 4 when I paid $200 for it...I 'only' get $100 for my Samsung, but I only paid $100 for it in the 1st place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte