Smartphone build quality 920 vs everything

Xiang Li

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased an 920 last week after hearing 920 has class leading build quality. I own two other smartphones, namely nexus 4(broke it during a ski trip) and an iphone 4s. I am very impressed with iphone's build quality (though I hate apple with a passion) so I am searching another phone to replace it. Nexus 4 is very powerful but the build is just flimsy, namely creaking noise and plastic feeling, also very easy to break. Lumia 920 has a better quality than nexus 4 for sure, but IMHO it is still left behind by the iphone 4s. My red 920 creaks on the back cover, and after a week of use the back has hairline scratches all over it. I am thinking of returning it to the ATT store to get another phone.

That, again, are just my very limited thoughts on the build quality of smartphones. 920 did not impress me that much in terms of that. I want to hear some opinions from others here. thank you!

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
personally i think the line of iphone4 and its successor have the stupidest phone design ever. i mean, they put glass on the back. GLASS on the back. simply asking for breakage.
if you are worry about scratches then get a skin or a case. polycarbonate is still plastic, and plastic is prone to scratches because it's soft.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
felt sorry for you. But the 920 is the worst I have seen coming from Nokia. Miss the days with N95. Seems like they are suffering some quality issue after moving all in into new plant in China.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon