Things I can't find on the 920

uswebworx

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Zoom for taking pictures? 8.7MP camera but no zoom?
Good Battery App
Weather App that works better than Weather.com who is so far up Apples Ass it isn't funny
Better Browser than IE (Firefox/Chrome)
and of course the stuff already mentioned in 1000's of threads, Separate volume controls?
Any suggestions or tips?

I love my Lumia, glad I didn't take it back!

Thanks in advance for any tips

Cornbean7077

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The weather app I use is amazing weather. Live tiles are great, an update accordingly. I never even have to open the app because all the info I need is on the live tile :)

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by zoom, but if u pinch zoom and then capture picture, it does digital zoom. If you mean optical zoom, sorry, that ain't happening easily on these non-retractable lenses....

stevethenerd

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Slow, buggy, and slow.....just as it is on a pc. I have the option to change so I do. IE doesn't have many features I rely on and it is SLOW

IE is a great browser... Web developers need to stop targeting crappy non standard browsers. If they stay with actual W3C standards, IE can out perform all other products. And none of the other browsers even compare on security.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
IE is a great browser... Web developers need to stop targeting crappy non standard browsers. If they stay with actual W3C standards, IE can out perform all other products. And none of the other browsers even compare on security.

WebKit is THE standard for mobile.. No clue what Microsoft was thinking with IE for Windows Mobile.. Don't put their poor decision on web devs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
IE10 is really good , missing couple of things but really fast and stable !
as for battery app I don't know why people love these app , I feel it drains the battery faster !!
as a weather app , just go with Amazing weather HD or Weather flow , both are really good and wp8 updated .

Good luck .

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Zoom for taking pictures? 8.7MP camera but no zoom?

I think camera zoom in wp8 works with a pinch gesture (wp7 user here).

weather app: Amazing Weather

good browser like Firefox/Chrome? None, unfortunately. They're all based on the IE engine. My favourite is UC Browser, but it throws low memory warnings occasionally. It's got some nice features so I keep IE as a backup.

uswebworx

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far. As for Steve opinions weren't asked for but I thank you for yours. I disagree as would 155+ clients I have :)
Firefox is my standard and security isn't an issue for me as I don't even run anti-virus :) Most good IT people don''t

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Firefox is even worse than IE these days. I develop for the web, and I've nearly dumped Firefox. Its not a browser attached to an OS like Chrome and IE, so its quickly losing market share again now that Chrome is kicking ass. I use Chrome as my home base and just check IE and FF for production.

I love everything MS has been doing lately, but IE is still a thorn in the ass. Its constantly the browser i have to use CSS fallbacks for, or have to add proprietary hacks to get it to work. Anyone who says "just follow standards, IE is great" has no idea what they are talking about. Even IE9 doesn't support simple things like CSS gradients, etc.

That being said, Chrome doesn't have the proper anti-aliasing engine in place for @font-face engines. So, each browser has its issues. But IE is just plain stupid about it.

uswebworx

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Firefox is even worse than IE these days. I develop for the web, and I've nearly dumped Firefox. Its not a browser attached to an OS like Chrome and IE, so its quickly losing market share again now that Chrome is kicking ass. I use Chrome as my home base and just check IE and FF for production.

I love everything MS has been doing lately, but IE is still a thorn in the ass. Its constantly the browser i have to use CSS fallbacks for, or have to add proprietary hacks to get it to work. Anyone who says "just follow standards, IE is great" has no idea what they are talking about. Even IE9 doesn't support simple things like CSS gradients, etc.

That being said, Chrome doesn't have the proper anti-aliasing engine in place for @font-face engines. So, each browser has its issues. But IE is just plain stupid about it.
I agree to a point. Except about IE and I am trying to stay away from Google as much as possible. I am still using FF and love it, I too test for all browsers.
I prefer Opera for most things just am still migrating

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Like above, the best weather app is Amazing Weather HD. It's quite large too, I think it's like 81mb. I paid for it as well. Works wonderfully.
For the battery, I use Battery Widget.
Camera zoom, just pinch to zoom on the screen.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
pinch to zoom
no need for battery app
Weather by Microsoft. lives tiles everything.
and IE 10 is so good I won't change.

Last edited:

uswebworx

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Found the Camera Zoom. Thanks
Still have the phone on my 14th day (today)
Am learning stuff slowly in between work.

Integrated Facebook and Un-synced Contacts (finally)
Wish I could control the volume better, seems too low or too high no in between.
Bought an Otterbox
Need to order another sync cable for charging and car charger and find a car holder that accepts a phone in a case.
Wish I had better control over email, especially the not deleting from server on my own domain name.

More later but thanks for all the help so far

uswebworx

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Just ran into an issue, I powered my phone off by holding the button below the volume and when I turned it back on had the lightening bolt/gear icons. I fixed that but am curious how to properly turn the phone off?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion