Things I can't find on the 920

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just ran into an issue, I powered my phone off by holding the button below the volume and when I turned it back on had the lightening bolt/gear icons. I fixed that but am curious how to properly turn the phone off?

Hold it for a couple of seconds then slide it down.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Slow, buggy, and slow.....just as it is on a pc. I have the option to change so I do. IE doesn't have many features I rely on and it is SLOW

You can't be serious. IE10 is seriously fast. Only mobile safari can really match it for speed. It doesn't have a great amount of features (which can be added through UC browser anyway) but for the most part, it is a very good browser. I prefer it over all the countless browsers I've used on my android devices. Firefox and Chrome for android are not fast browsers. They're feature rich, but not fast.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded UC browser and its quick.
You do know that UC Browser is just a user-interface wrapper for the IE web component, right? It isn't faster or slower than IE at transmitting or rendering content because IE is the software doing those things. UC Browser can be faster at utility-type functions like managing tabs or bookmarks, but browsing functions should be identical.

That said, many of the "IE problems" that we users face are caused by web developers who targeted their code to WebKit, back when WebKit was the only decent game in town for mobile use. That's no longer the case and lots of code and sites need to be updated to deal with a different touch model and greater CSS capabilities outside of WebKit. When it is -- and it will because Windows 8 will force a rethink as touch becomes more important on the desktop/laptop -- the situation for WP8 will improve, too.

uswebworx

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
If I wanted fast I wouldn't be on windows to begin with.
Sent from my iPad mini.
Allow me to rephrase this I love my Nokia 920 there are some quirks though, the phone is fast when doing non OS specific tasks, IE10 is slow or maybe it is Bing not sure. Blogs and Pages do not look right, as with WP sites that have the Smart Phone plug in installed windows phones ignore that setting making it hard to navigate properly.
Amazon doesn't parse right on the windows phone, it does fine on my iPad Mini and my wifes iPhone 4s. everything seems to be built for apple products, not Nokia's fault but Microsoft is behind yet again and I regret getting my phone but I am stuck with it cause AT&T in Mississippi SUCKS and will not waive the restocking fee and lets just say i am not rich!

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Allow me to rephrase this I love my Nokia 920 there are some quirks though, the phone is fast when doing non OS specific tasks, IE10 is slow or maybe it is Bing not sure. Blogs and Pages do not look right, as with WP sites that have the Smart Phone plug in installed windows phones ignore that setting making it hard to navigate properly.
Amazon doesn't parse right on the windows phone, it does fine on my iPad Mini and my wifes iPhone 4s. everything seems to be built for apple products, not Nokia's fault but Microsoft is behind yet again and I regret getting my phone but I am stuck with it cause AT&T in Mississippi SUCKS and will not waive the restocking fee and lets just say i am not rich!

Apologies, my response was due to the "Sent from my iPad mini.", it just gave the impression of an Apple ****** hehe. Thankfully some of us just use whatever does the job for us. Yes, you are right that there are some quirks with the 920, I've had mine about 3 weeks and overall I am happy with it except for a few minor niggles, :) I've got to admit though that I've never tried an iPhone, might grab a second hand one to have a play around with. Microsoft really need to start pulling their finger out with WP8, most people I talk to don't even realise that there is a WP8 lol, they don't know that there is anything outside of Apple and Android, :(

Hopefully things may change a little..... hopefully, :)

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Zoom for taking pictures? 8.7MP camera but no zoom?
Good Battery App
Weather App that works better than Weather.com who is so far up Apples Ass it isn't funny
Better Browser than IE (Firefox/Chrome)
and of course the stuff already mentioned in 1000's of threads, Separate volume controls?
Any suggestions or tips?

I love my Lumia, glad I didn't take it back!

Thanks in advance for any tips

Fixed focus digital camera, zoom is useless. But if you must crop to give the appearance of zoom while taking a photo, simply pinch to zoom in/out.

There are lots of battery apps. I use Battery Level for WP8

The Weather Channel for Weather (its a nokia app)

Get used to disappointment on a better browser.

OS level changes like separate volume controls , you have to wait for Microsoft to do something - no app can do that due to sandboxing. They should have some major changes rolling out in the next year.

My top suggestion is to try not to make WP8 android or iOS

uswebworx

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Apologies, my response was due to the "Sent from my iPad mini.", it just gave the impression of an Apple ****** hehe. Thankfully some of us just use whatever does the job for us. Yes, you are right that there are some quirks with the 920, I've had mine about 3 weeks and overall I am happy with it except for a few minor niggles, :) I've got to admit though that I've never tried an iPhone, might grab a second hand one to have a play around with. Microsoft really need to start pulling their finger out with WP8, most people I talk to don't even realise that there is a WP8 lol, they don't know that there is anything outside of Apple and Android, :(

Hopefully things may change a little..... hopefully, :)

Secondly I can't even post here with my 920 board express doesn't work. However using my iPad isn't an issue.
Nokia has an awesome phone but should drop microsux and go to android.
Just not happy anymore will be eating the $35 tomorrow.
Have an otter box for sale for the Nokia lumia 920.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It's not over 30 days yet. ATT still let you exchange for diff phone.

I guess troll does not have a brain.

Found the Camera Zoom. Thanks
Still have the phone on my 14th day (today)
Am learning stuff slowly in between work.

Integrated Facebook and Un-synced Contacts (finally)
Wish I could control the volume better, seems too low or too high no in between.
Bought an Otterbox
Need to order another sync cable for charging and car charger and find a car holder that accepts a phone in a case.
Wish I had better control over email, especially the not deleting from server on my own domain name.

More later but thanks for all the help so far

AT&T will not allow a swap out even if I am spending more money so I am stuck with a phone, all I can do is talk on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte