Nokia does not deserve my business...

winnie01234

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
You shouldnt have to .. but you will .. and it will MOST likely work out to be in your favor

Long story short: email alf noto .. the VP of customer service Nokia: Alf.Noto@nokia.com

The reason I say is.. i was going through a similar thing.. though nokia TRIED to fix it.. within 5 hours of receiving the phone.. same problem occured.. the repair guy obviously wasnt bright enough to check if it had been fixed.
called nokia repair center back.. the idiot on the phone was really unapologetic and said yeah send it back
... dumb f. i just went through 2 weeks without it.. I get it back for one day.. and you expect me to send it back for another 2 weeks?

Emailed Alf Noto.. next day.. got a call from Sydney Nokia head office saying they needed my address to send the replacement phone

Thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to do that as soon as I get my phone back today.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The point of this thread... is we DID go to Nokia and they weren't helpful.

When a company sells an expensive product that is defective then fails to rectify the situation, it's a legitimate complaint. The notion those of us with bad experiences shouldn't complain because you're satisfied is ludicrous. We have as much right to voice our bad experiences as you do your good

I don't think anyone has an issue with you complaining I think what is subjective here is that because this is the experience of some that it must be happening to everyone.

Voicing your bad experiences won't fix your phone. If you already went to Nokia and they weren't helpful then tough luck. We can't help you with that. Get a refund or whatever and get another phone

We can help we can post and let Nokia know that some are unhappy with their service. Nokia needs to do what is right and offer quality devices and services. We haven't all had the same experience I understand that it's this fact that makes this a good topic of conversation if we handle it in a civil manner. Is your post civil and helpful?

I cannot get a repair, I cannot get a refund. I can vent, that's legitimate use of a forum. Don't be a jerk.

Agreed.

To this community if you can't help that's okay but you can post your good experiences with Nokia products. If you do it in a civil manner everyone get the point and the conversation becomes balanced.

This isn't Reddit, there are no down votes here.

Correct when the discussion is civil everyone gets there point in and the community grows. Down votes are not needed so be civil to each other, bring balance to the conversation, and do it in an intelligent way.

Last edited:

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Send it to Nokia again and be more aggressive. Maybe they don't want to give away a new phone for every single complaint. Or they simply couldnt reproduce your issue (which happens). I sent my 920 to Nokia twice because of a disappointing battery. They gave me a new device when I sent it in for a the second time and now I have a Lumia 920 which easily lasts 40h of normal/higher usage. Just dont give up too early, dude.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Send it to Nokia again and be more aggressive. Maybe they don't want to give away a new phone for every single complaint. Or they simply couldnt reproduce your issue (which happens). I sent my 920 to Nokia twice because of a disappointing battery. They gave me a new device when I sent it in for a the second time and now I have a Lumia 920 which easily lasts 40h of normal/higher usage. Just dont give up too early, dude.

This is off topic, but that's the best profile pic ever LOL

chetan_merchant

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree here that Nokia's after sales services are not up to the mark...

I had a similar problem with my Lumia 800..had damaged the microusb door and was taken for a ride by Nokia care...

Finally I had to mail to big guns in Nokia including Mr Elf Noto in Europe...I could never locate a big shots email in India..

Finally they got in touch but by then I had already received my Lumia 920..

The point is if I am paying premium price for a device I deserve premium service as well..

I care a damn how Samsung and Apple deal...have always been a Nokia supporter..

And this is not *****ing rather a suggestion where Nokia has to improve...cos I want the company to make a strong come back..

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i also like your profile pic :D

HiViz Trader

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I too have had the worst customer service experience with Nokia. I purchased an unbranded unlocked Lumia 920 from the UK. I reside in the US. I have emailed customer service, support and corporate to no avail. I am so done with Nokia!!! Unlike most companies that tend to needs of their customers, Nokia has fallen off the customer service wagon. I was hoping for more from them. I expected more from an entity that is trying to regain market share. I guess that I am the sucker now because they have my money! Although they will never get another penny from me. If Microsoft ever manufactures their own phone that will be my phone of choice.

VoodooKing#WP

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It's highly unlikely that your phone went to Nokia directly. Nokia contracts out repair jobs and refurbishment to 3rd parties. These 3rd parties then undergo technical training by Nokia. They probably just tried to follow whatever repair instructions were given to them.

You should probably head down to the care center and talk to Manager instead.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I too have had the worst customer service experience with Nokia. I purchased an unbranded unlocked Lumia 920 from the UK. I reside in the US. I have emailed customer service, support and corporate to no avail. I am so done with Nokia!!! Unlike most companies that tend to needs of their customers, Nokia has fallen off the customer service wagon. I was hoping for more from them. I expected more from an entity that is trying to regain market share. I guess that I am the sucker now because they have my money! Although they will never get another penny from me. If Microsoft ever manufactures their own phone that will be my phone of choice.

YKDNDxb.gif

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You shouldnt have to .. but you will .. and it will MOST likely work out to be in your favor

Long story short: email alf noto .. the VP of customer service Nokia: Alf.Noto@nokia.com

The reason I say is.. i was going through a similar thing.. though nokia TRIED to fix it.. within 5 hours of receiving the phone.. same problem occured.. the repair guy obviously wasnt bright enough to check if it had been fixed.
called nokia repair center back.. the idiot on the phone was really unapologetic and said yeah send it back
... dumb f. i just went through 2 weeks without it.. I get it back for one day.. and you expect me to send it back for another 2 weeks?

Emailed Alf Noto.. next day.. got a call from Sydney Nokia head office saying they needed my address to send the replacement phone

I emailed alf noto when my first phone has the constant shut down problem. he responded quickly in regards to my concerns about getting a replacement re-conditioned phone and informed me to email him directly if my replacement had any issues. It did. it had more issues than my first phone. That was almost a month ago and I've emailed him a couple of times and never heard back.

Oh well.

ATT has stepped up for me and now my phone is (as of now) problem free, for the most part.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I emailed alf noto when my first phone has the constant shut down problem. he responded quickly in regards to my concerns about getting a replacement re-conditioned phone and informed me to email him directly if my replacement had any issues. It did. it had more issues than my first phone. That was almost a month ago and I've emailed him a couple of times and never heard back.

Oh well.

ATT has stepped up for me and now my phone is (as of now) problem free, for the most part.
ATT has as well bad customer service service, but you're right. They've helped me out multiple times before. Even sent me a completely different phone.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I had an unusual experience with AT&T and Nokia. Nokia saved me from AT&T warranty department. I had the dreaded dust under the screen issue (Come on Nokia there is no excuse for that) AT&T warranty refused to help me without me taking the phone to a repair center. I called Nokia to find out what my options were on that end. The Nokia rep gave me her call back number and offered to speak to AT&T on my behalf. I called the repair center and was going to take the phone there but the repair center guy told me to call warranty and that all he would be able to do if I brought the phone to him is get a warranty replacement. I got his number and called AT&T warranty department back with all my ducks in a row. I convinced the AT&T warranty rep to call the repair center she did when she got back on the phone with she still wasn't convinced so I gave her the number to the Nokia rep. She put me on hold again and called the Nokia rep when she got back to me she had everything form Nokia she needed to replace my device under warranty. She sent me next day a new in the box L920 without me having to go to the repair center. I was nice to everyone was patient with the AT&T warranty rep and everything worked out in my favor. None of it would have happened without the help of the Nokia rep. Sometimes things work out sometimes they don't but don't give up to easily.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I would not go away, and I would keep complaining. If I did decide to buy another company's product, I would make sure they knew. Send them the link to this thread. As a shareholder in Nokia, I like to be aware of how well they are doing, or in this case are not doing. Unlike some others in this thread, I welcome the information.

MastrMeatWad

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

This. It is not uncommon to have to complain a second or third time. It is also not uncommon for any tech device to be sent in to the company and they cannot reproduce the reported complaint/issue. Others provided good feedback regarding other avenues to get the issue addressed.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I had an unusual experience with AT&T and Nokia. Nokia saved me from AT&T warranty department. I had the dreaded dust under the screen issue (Come on Nokia there is no excuse for that) AT&T warranty refused to help me without me taking the phone to a repair center. I called Nokia to find out what my options were on that end. The Nokia rep gave me her call back number and offered to speak to AT&T on my behalf. I called the repair center and was going to take the phone there but the repair center guy told me to call warranty and that all he would be able to do if I brought the phone to him is get a warranty replacement. I got his number and called AT&T warranty department back with all my ducks in a row. I convinced the AT&T warranty rep to call the repair center she did when she got back on the phone with she still wasn't convinced so I gave her the number to the Nokia rep. She put me on hold again and called the Nokia rep when she got back to me she had everything form Nokia she needed to replace my device under warranty. She sent me next day a new in the box L920 without me having to go to the repair center. I was nice to everyone was patient with the AT&T warranty rep and everything worked out in my favor. None of it would have happened without the help of the Nokia rep. Sometimes things work out sometimes they don't but don't give up to easily.

So it seems that Nokia & ATT separately have terrible customer service, haha. Together however, things work perfectly. Well.
As for the dust, yeah I haven't noticed that affecting my photos so I don't take to much mind of that, but most of my friends have already bought Nokias and they all have it. Seems to be just some Lumia 920 issue every user gets.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
No, Nokia deserves blame. Their repair process sucks. It should not take 7-10 business days to flash a phone. I have a dev phone, so have no choice (can't do it myself). And yes Apple is king of great repair process, generally due to their stores.

And nobody is saying that all Nokia phones are faulty, in fact the firmware issue is probably more of a Microsoft issue (sounds like buggy software). But until the reset portion of the software is fixed, Nokia will have to deal with it and they should do a much better job and keep much better communication. We are saying, we hope you never have to have your phone repaired (or reset now that they are locking up NaviFirm).

Question to those who have done repair thru Nokia in the US? Did your repair status ever update? My just keeps being "Repair created in Network" even though they received the phone Friday. Samsung on the other hand emailed me the second they received my recently faulty Blu-ray player and have already returned it to me having to REPLACE the motherboard. And Nokia can't flash the phone, something I could do in 30min max if I had access to the firmware?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99