02-21-2013 09:29 PM
71 123
tools
    I have to agree here that Nokia's after sales services are not up to the mark...

I had a similar problem with my Lumia 800..had damaged the microusb door and was taken for a ride by Nokia care...

Finally I had to mail to big guns in Nokia including Mr Elf Noto in Europe...I could never locate a big shots email in India..

Finally they got in touch but by then I had already received my Lumia 920..

The point is if I am paying premium price for a device I deserve premium service as well..

I care a damn how Samsung and Apple deal...have always been a Nokia supporter..

And this is not *****ing rather a suggestion where Nokia has to improve...cos I want the company to make a strong come back..
    02-13-2013 08:50 AM
    Send it to Nokia again and be more aggressive. Maybe they don't want to give away a new phone for every single complaint. Or they simply couldnt reproduce your issue (which happens). I sent my 920 to Nokia twice because of a disappointing battery. They gave me a new device when I sent it in for a the second time and now I have a Lumia 920 which easily lasts 40h of normal/higher usage. Just dont give up too early, dude.
    i also like your profile pic :D
    02-13-2013 09:09 AM
    but on topic my nokia bricked when i tried to do a factory reset and nokia replaced without hassle.
    02-13-2013 09:10 AM
    I too have had the worst customer service experience with Nokia. I purchased an unbranded unlocked Lumia 920 from the UK. I reside in the US. I have emailed customer service, support and corporate to no avail. I am so done with Nokia!!! Unlike most companies that tend to needs of their customers, Nokia has fallen off the customer service wagon. I was hoping for more from them. I expected more from an entity that is trying to regain market share. I guess that I am the sucker now because they have my money! Although they will never get another penny from me. If Microsoft ever manufactures their own phone that will be my phone of choice.
    02-13-2013 09:25 AM
    It's highly unlikely that your phone went to Nokia directly. Nokia contracts out repair jobs and refurbishment to 3rd parties. These 3rd parties then undergo technical training by Nokia. They probably just tried to follow whatever repair instructions were given to them.

You should probably head down to the care center and talk to Manager instead.
    02-13-2013 09:32 AM
    I too have had the worst customer service experience with Nokia. I purchased an unbranded unlocked Lumia 920 from the UK. I reside in the US. I have emailed customer service, support and corporate to no avail. I am so done with Nokia!!! Unlike most companies that tend to needs of their customers, Nokia has fallen off the customer service wagon. I was hoping for more from them. I expected more from an entity that is trying to regain market share. I guess that I am the sucker now because they have my money! Although they will never get another penny from me. If Microsoft ever manufactures their own phone that will be my phone of choice.

02-13-2013 09:49 AM
    You shouldnt have to .. but you will .. and it will MOST likely work out to be in your favor

Long story short: email alf noto .. the VP of customer service Nokia: Alf.Noto@nokia.com

The reason I say is.. i was going through a similar thing.. though nokia TRIED to fix it.. within 5 hours of receiving the phone.. same problem occured.. the repair guy obviously wasnt bright enough to check if it had been fixed.
    called nokia repair center back.. the ***** on the phone was really unapologetic and said yeah send it back
    ... dumb f. i just went through 2 weeks without it.. I get it back for one day.. and you expect me to send it back for another 2 weeks?

Emailed Alf Noto.. next day.. got a call from Sydney Nokia head office saying they needed my address to send the replacement phone

I emailed alf noto when my first phone has the constant shut down problem. he responded quickly in regards to my concerns about getting a replacement re-conditioned phone and informed me to email him directly if my replacement had any issues. It did. it had more issues than my first phone. That was almost a month ago and I've emailed him a couple of times and never heard back.

Oh well.

ATT has stepped up for me and now my phone is (as of now) problem free, for the most part.
    02-13-2013 10:36 AM
    I emailed alf noto when my first phone has the constant shut down problem. he responded quickly in regards to my concerns about getting a replacement re-conditioned phone and informed me to email him directly if my replacement had any issues. It did. it had more issues than my first phone. That was almost a month ago and I've emailed him a couple of times and never heard back.

Oh well.

ATT has stepped up for me and now my phone is (as of now) problem free, for the most part.
    ATT has as well bad customer service service, but you're right. They've helped me out multiple times before. Even sent me a completely different phone.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    02-13-2013 10:44 AM
    I had an unusual experience with AT&T and Nokia. Nokia saved me from AT&T warranty department. I had the dreaded dust under the screen issue (Come on Nokia there is no excuse for that) AT&T warranty refused to help me without me taking the phone to a repair center. I called Nokia to find out what my options were on that end. The Nokia rep gave me her call back number and offered to speak to AT&T on my behalf. I called the repair center and was going to take the phone there but the repair center guy told me to call warranty and that all he would be able to do if I brought the phone to him is get a warranty replacement. I got his number and called AT&T warranty department back with all my ducks in a row. I convinced the AT&T warranty rep to call the repair center she did when she got back on the phone with she still wasn't convinced so I gave her the number to the Nokia rep. She put me on hold again and called the Nokia rep when she got back to me she had everything form Nokia she needed to replace my device under warranty. She sent me next day a new in the box L920 without me having to go to the repair center. I was nice to everyone was patient with the AT&T warranty rep and everything worked out in my favor. None of it would have happened without the help of the Nokia rep. Sometimes things work out sometimes they don't but don't give up to easily.
    Vavali likes this.
    02-13-2013 10:46 AM
    Personally, I would not go away, and I would keep complaining. If I did decide to buy another company's product, I would make sure they knew. Send them the link to this thread. As a shareholder in Nokia, I like to be aware of how well they are doing, or in this case are not doing. Unlike some others in this thread, I welcome the information.
    02-13-2013 10:50 AM
    Send it to Nokia again and be more aggressive. Maybe they don't want to give away a new phone for every single complaint. Or they simply couldnt reproduce your issue (which happens). I sent my 920 to Nokia twice because of a disappointing battery. They gave me a new device when I sent it in for a the second time and now I have a Lumia 920 which easily lasts 40h of normal/higher usage. Just dont give up too early, dude.
    This. It is not uncommon to have to complain a second or third time. It is also not uncommon for any tech device to be sent in to the company and they cannot reproduce the reported complaint/issue. Others provided good feedback regarding other avenues to get the issue addressed.
    02-13-2013 10:52 AM
    This is off topic, but that's the best profile pic ever LOL
    Thank you! It was kinda difficult to press the pause button in the right moment with all girls simultaneously looking in the camera lol :P
    xtrip and jdhooghe like this.
    02-13-2013 11:15 AM
    waaaahhhhhh !!!!!
    02-13-2013 11:52 AM
    I had an unusual experience with AT&T and Nokia. Nokia saved me from AT&T warranty department. I had the dreaded dust under the screen issue (Come on Nokia there is no excuse for that) AT&T warranty refused to help me without me taking the phone to a repair center. I called Nokia to find out what my options were on that end. The Nokia rep gave me her call back number and offered to speak to AT&T on my behalf. I called the repair center and was going to take the phone there but the repair center guy told me to call warranty and that all he would be able to do if I brought the phone to him is get a warranty replacement. I got his number and called AT&T warranty department back with all my ducks in a row. I convinced the AT&T warranty rep to call the repair center she did when she got back on the phone with she still wasn't convinced so I gave her the number to the Nokia rep. She put me on hold again and called the Nokia rep when she got back to me she had everything form Nokia she needed to replace my device under warranty. She sent me next day a new in the box L920 without me having to go to the repair center. I was nice to everyone was patient with the AT&T warranty rep and everything worked out in my favor. None of it would have happened without the help of the Nokia rep. Sometimes things work out sometimes they don't but don't give up to easily.
    So it seems that Nokia & ATT separately have terrible customer service, haha. Together however, things work perfectly. Well.
    As for the dust, yeah I haven't noticed that affecting my photos so I don't take to much mind of that, but most of my friends have already bought Nokias and they all have it. Seems to be just some Lumia 920 issue every user gets.
    02-13-2013 01:01 PM
    No, Nokia deserves blame. Their repair process sucks. It should not take 7-10 business days to flash a phone. I have a dev phone, so have no choice (can't do it myself). And yes Apple is king of great repair process, generally due to their stores.

And nobody is saying that all Nokia phones are faulty, in fact the firmware issue is probably more of a Microsoft issue (sounds like buggy software). But until the reset portion of the software is fixed, Nokia will have to deal with it and they should do a much better job and keep much better communication. We are saying, we hope you never have to have your phone repaired (or reset now that they are locking up NaviFirm).

Question to those who have done repair thru Nokia in the US? Did your repair status ever update? My just keeps being "Repair created in Network" even though they received the phone Friday. Samsung on the other hand emailed me the second they received my recently faulty Blu-ray player and have already returned it to me having to REPLACE the motherboard. And Nokia can't flash the phone, something I could do in 30min max if I had access to the firmware?
    02-13-2013 01:23 PM
    Sorry you had trouble, but the majority of people don't.

I'll never understand why people think because they had a problem it means every single device is defective, the entire company is lollypops and the world is coming to and end.

Put it in perspective.

Sorry you had trouble. Go buy something else or complain to Nokia.

Edit: LOL @ lollypops hahahahaha
    The point is that Apple would do it's diligence to make sure you didn't have a story like that to tell. If a forum like this existed for Apple products they would post here to try and make it right and see that their customers were satisfied (they have done so in the past). I'm not a fan of Apple at all but Nokia's losing their minds if they think having disgruntled pockets of customers vocally floating around the internet not getting resolution to their problems is an acceptable thing. Maybe they just aren't ready to compete in the age of the internet.

Thank God i got my phone through AT&T so they had to deal with repairs and replacements.
    02-13-2013 02:33 PM
    The point is that Apple would do it's diligence to make sure you didn't have a story like that to tell. If a forum like this existed for Apple products they would post here to try and make it right and see that their customers were satisfied (they have done so in the past). I'm not a fan of Apple at all but Nokia's losing their minds if they think having disgruntled pockets of customers vocally floating around the internet not getting resolution to their problems is an acceptable thing.
    Please direct your eyes here:
    http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5/

I will also recall a certain iPhone4 bug when the phone was held in the left hand... Their response was to "hold it differently" or buy a $20 rubber band.

Oh, and when the iPad came out with wifi issues... They told you to sit closer to the router...
    02-13-2013 02:40 PM
    My fone doesnt give any prob rwgarding Wifi lumia 920... I had ipad n always had to re enter my wifi password so i neva said ipad got dis prb... Its all abt some devices
    02-13-2013 02:53 PM
    My fone doesnt give any prob rwgarding Wifi lumia 920... I had ipad n always had to re enter my wifi password so i neva said ipad got dis prb... Its all abt some devices
    Can we get a translation up in this bish?
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-13-2013 02:56 PM
    That's like saying a defective transmission in your new Dodge is the dealers fault. The manufacture is always responsible for the product they sell, and any defects that come with the product.
    Actually it is. When you buy a brand new car from a dealer, it comes with a warranty. For cars its usually 3-5 years. So you can take it back to the dealer you got it from or other authorized dealers and get it repaired under warranty. You don't have to drive or ship it to the Dodge factory to get it repaired/replaced.

That being said, Nokia replaced my Lumia 800 with a brand new one when I sent that one in nearly a year after purchase. I'm on my 3rd 920 through ATT and I will be sending this one to Nokia for replacement.

They definitely have QC issues, but I've had great service through Nokia so far.
    02-13-2013 03:01 PM
    I tried hard to stick it out with this phone, but it couldn't be done. The user experience of the L920 is not acceptable, period.
    02-13-2013 03:36 PM
    Here is the same post translated into Jive! **

So's I plum received an email dat mah' phone,
    which gots been at Nokias facto'y since 1/31/13 be bein' sent back t'me. Great
    news right? Not real. In de email ah' wuz told dat dey wuz not able t'address
    de issue. De issue wuz de screen would go brother when makin' calls and would
    not return. 'S coo', bro. It also would not wake when ah' received
    notificashuns. Long sto'y sho't ah' am digtin' mah' same 'esact rap rod back,
    no problem solved, nada. WORD! Afta' not havin' mah' rap rod fo' mos' 2 weeks,
    havin' t'return dree previous defective devices, and now dis, ah' can fine much
    say ah' am neva' suppo'tin' some company as dim witted as Nokia. WORD! Funny
    doodad be dat da damn company wuz relyin' heavily on dis phone, only t'have it
    fail in so's many quality control aspects. Good luck in de future Nokia, youse
    gonna need it. Man!

Just gots mine back unrepaired, too. 'S coo',
    bro. But dey blew out da damn dust wid kinned air ( same as I'd been hangin').
    Yay. Slap mah fro! Really disappointin', especially given dey wuz some company
    ah' once had some great deal uh respect fo'.

Just gots mine back unrepaired, too. 'S coo', bro. But dey blew out da damn dust wid kinned air ( same as I'd been hangin'). Yay. Slap mah fro! Really disappointin', especially given dey wuz some company ah' once had some great deal uh respect fo'.
    I's gots'ta be right dere wid ya'. ah' have been backin' Nokia fum mah' iSheep homeys fo' some long time now, but given how ho'rid dis rap rod has been dey gots plenty uh material t'use against me. Dis be mo'e sad and disappointin' dan nuthin else. Truly some shame.

So's I had da damn same issues and dey neva'
    could figure it out. Man! ah' decided t'get an i5 and use da damn Nokia as some
    secondary device. De same warranty stuff happened t'me wid mah' 900 and dey
    lost it at deir warranty repair In texas fo' 3 weeks. Dey neva' called me
    t'follow down o' apologize. ah' hate comparin' Nokia t'Apple but wid all de
    iPhones I've owned upside de years I've neva' gone dat long widout some phone
    and I've had every version since da damn fust iPhone.

Just wish dey would drow some new replacement fust and den we drow our
    defective one back. Ya' know?

So's I had da damn same issues and dey neva' could figure it out. Man! ah' decided t'get an i5 and use da damn Nokia as some secondary device. De same warranty stuff happened t'me wid mah' 900 and dey lost it at deir warranty repair In texas fo' 3 weeks. Dey neva' called me t'follow down o' apologize. ah' hate comparin' Nokia t'Apple but wid all de iPhones I've owned upside de years I've neva' gone dat long widout some phone and I've had every version since da damn fust iPhone.

Just wish dey would drow some new replacement fust and den we drow our defective one back. Ya' know?
    And ah' dought mah' sto'y wuz baaaad. Problem is, ah' duzn't real gots dat luxury. Slap mah fro! I'm some strugglin' graduate student and ah' can't affo'd t'steal any rap rod off-contract. Man! Nokia truly lacks in all departments uh quality control. It's no wonda' de company be practically collapsin' befo'e our real eyes.

And ah' dought mah' sto'y wuz baaaad. Problem is, ah' duzn't real gots dat luxury. Slap mah fro! I'm some strugglin' graduate student and ah' can't affo'd t'steal any rap rod off-contract. Man! Nokia truly lacks in all departments uh quality control. It's no wonda' de company be practically collapsin' befo'e our real eyes.
    So'ry ya' had trouble, but da damn majo'ity uh sucka's duzn't.

I'll neva' dig it why sucka's dink cuz' dey had some problem it means every raple device be defective, de entire company be lollypops and da damn wo'ld be comin' t'and end.

Put it in puh'spective.

So'ry ya' had trouble. Go steal sump'n else o' complain t'Nokia. WORD!

So'ry ya' had trouble, but da damn majo'ity uh sucka's duzn't.

I'll neva' dig it why sucka's dink cuz' dey had some problem it means every raple device be defective, de entire company be and da damn wo'ld be comin' t'and end.

Put it in puh'spective.

So'ry ya' had trouble. Go steal sump'n else o' complain t'Nokia. WORD!
    I duzn't know why we gots two buttons which one fo' dank and one fo' likes but we duzn't gots some sin'le button fo' unlikes ! Preach it loud, bruddah!

Unlikes ! Preach it loud, bruddah!! Right on!
    02-13-2013 07:42 PM
    No, Nokia deserves blame. Their repair process sucks. It should not take 7-10 business days to flash a phone. I have a dev phone, so have no choice (can't do it myself). And yes Apple is king of great repair process, generally due to their stores.

And nobody is saying that all Nokia phones are faulty, in fact the firmware issue is probably more of a Microsoft issue (sounds like buggy software). But until the reset portion of the software is fixed, Nokia will have to deal with it and they should do a much better job and keep much better communication. We are saying, we hope you never have to have your phone repaired (or reset now that they are locking up NaviFirm).

Question to those who have done repair thru Nokia in the US? Did your repair status ever update? My just keeps being "Repair created in Network" even though they received the phone Friday. Samsung on the other hand emailed me the second they received my recently faulty Blu-ray player and have already returned it to me having to REPLACE the motherboard. And Nokia can't flash the phone, something I could do in 30min max if I had access to the firmware?
    Eventually, it'll say something like "device is being analyzed or repaired" and then "picked up" when it's done. Incidentally, mine came back today with a report saying they found nothing wrong. Irate, I called customer service and the lady told me my phone was fixed. When I insisted that bluetooth music streaming still emitted constant pops and squeaks with four different device, she told me to send the unit back. I refused (for now), and told her to escalate. She promised my case would get "high priority" and that someone would call me in 2-4 business days. I'm not happy about it, but I will send this damn thing back until it's working properly. Then, sad to say, I will probably ebay it.
    ljkelley likes this.
    02-13-2013 11:07 PM
    That's like saying a defective transmission in your new Dodge is the dealers fault. The manufacture is always responsible for the product they sell, and any defects that come with the product.
    True but the difference with the automobile is you go to the dealer for warranty repairs you dont send it to the factory, The dealer gets it done lots quicker than the facory ever would. If you have issues ATT should also have a crack at the apple so to speak. If they cant wont dont then deal with Nokia. I bought mine new on ebay haveny had anything other than minor hickups I really like the 920 and WP8 looking forward to the blue update.
    02-13-2013 11:19 PM
    But iots nor repaired at the factory its repaired or replaced at the dealers. Or the issue gets escalated from the dealerhip to HQ and its taken care of there. So its a similar chain of command.
    02-13-2013 11:23 PM
71 123