Nokia does not deserve my business...

Panda858

Banned
Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry you had trouble, but the majority of people don't.

I'll never understand why people think because they had a problem it means every single device is defective, the entire company is lollypops and the world is coming to and end.

Put it in perspective.

Sorry you had trouble. Go buy something else or complain to Nokia.

Edit: LOL @ lollypops hahahahaha

The point is that Apple would do it's diligence to make sure you didn't have a story like that to tell. If a forum like this existed for Apple products they would post here to try and make it right and see that their customers were satisfied (they have done so in the past). I'm not a fan of Apple at all but Nokia's losing their minds if they think having disgruntled pockets of customers vocally floating around the internet not getting resolution to their problems is an acceptable thing. Maybe they just aren't ready to compete in the age of the internet.

Thank God i got my phone through AT&T so they had to deal with repairs and replacements.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The point is that Apple would do it's diligence to make sure you didn't have a story like that to tell. If a forum like this existed for Apple products they would post here to try and make it right and see that their customers were satisfied (they have done so in the past). I'm not a fan of Apple at all but Nokia's losing their minds if they think having disgruntled pockets of customers vocally floating around the internet not getting resolution to their problems is an acceptable thing.
Please direct your eyes here:
http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5/

I will also recall a certain iPhone4 bug when the phone was held in the left hand... Their response was to "hold it differently" or buy a $20 rubber band.

Oh, and when the iPad came out with wifi issues... They told you to sit closer to the router...

Saif Lowrider

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
My fone doesnt give any prob rwgarding Wifi lumia 920... I had ipad n always had to re enter my wifi password so i neva said ipad got dis prb... Its all abt some devices

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
That's like saying a defective transmission in your new Dodge is the dealers fault. The manufacture is always responsible for the product they sell, and any defects that come with the product.

Actually it is. When you buy a brand new car from a dealer, it comes with a warranty. For cars its usually 3-5 years. So you can take it back to the dealer you got it from or other authorized dealers and get it repaired under warranty. You don't have to drive or ship it to the Dodge factory to get it repaired/replaced.

That being said, Nokia replaced my Lumia 800 with a brand new one when I sent that one in nearly a year after purchase. I'm on my 3rd 920 through ATT and I will be sending this one to Nokia for replacement.

They definitely have QC issues, but I've had great service through Nokia so far.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Here is the same post translated into Jive! **

So's I plum received an email dat mah' phone,
which gots been at Nokias facto'y since 1/31/13 be bein' sent back t'me. Great
news right? Not real. In de email ah' wuz told dat dey wuz not able t'address
de issue. De issue wuz de screen would go brother when makin' calls and would
not return. 'S coo', bro. It also would not wake when ah' received
notificashuns. Long sto'y sho't ah' am digtin' mah' same 'esact rap rod back,
no problem solved, nada. WORD! Afta' not havin' mah' rap rod fo' mos' 2 weeks,
havin' t'return dree previous defective devices, and now dis, ah' can fine much
say ah' am neva' suppo'tin' some company as dim witted as Nokia. WORD! Funny
doodad be dat da damn company wuz relyin' heavily on dis phone, only t'have it
fail in so's many quality control aspects. Good luck in de future Nokia, youse
gonna need it. Man!

Just gots mine back unrepaired, too. 'S coo',
bro. But dey blew out da damn dust wid kinned air ( same as I'd been hangin').
Yay. Slap mah fro! Really disappointin', especially given dey wuz some company
ah' once had some great deal uh respect fo'.

Just gots mine back unrepaired, too. 'S coo', bro. But dey blew out da damn dust wid kinned air ( same as I'd been hangin'). Yay. Slap mah fro! Really disappointin', especially given dey wuz some company ah' once had some great deal uh respect fo'.
I's gots'ta be right dere wid ya'. ah' have been backin' Nokia fum mah' iSheep homeys fo' some long time now, but given how ho'rid dis rap rod has been dey gots plenty uh material t'use against me. Dis be mo'e sad and disappointin' dan nuthin else. Truly some shame.

So's I had da damn same issues and dey neva'
could figure it out. Man! ah' decided t'get an i5 and use da damn Nokia as some
secondary device. De same warranty stuff happened t'me wid mah' 900 and dey
lost it at deir warranty repair In texas fo' 3 weeks. Dey neva' called me
t'follow down o' apologize. ah' hate comparin' Nokia t'Apple but wid all de
iPhones I've owned upside de years I've neva' gone dat long widout some phone
and I've had every version since da damn fust iPhone.

Just wish dey would drow some new replacement fust and den we drow our
defective one back. Ya' know?

So's I had da damn same issues and dey neva' could figure it out. Man! ah' decided t'get an i5 and use da damn Nokia as some secondary device. De same warranty stuff happened t'me wid mah' 900 and dey lost it at deir warranty repair In texas fo' 3 weeks. Dey neva' called me t'follow down o' apologize. ah' hate comparin' Nokia t'Apple but wid all de iPhones I've owned upside de years I've neva' gone dat long widout some phone and I've had every version since da damn fust iPhone.

Just wish dey would drow some new replacement fust and den we drow our defective one back. Ya' know?
And ah' dought mah' sto'y wuz baaaad. Problem is, ah' duzn't real gots dat luxury. Slap mah fro! I'm some strugglin' graduate student and ah' can't affo'd t'steal any rap rod off-contract. Man! Nokia truly lacks in all departments uh quality control. It's no wonda' de company be practically collapsin' befo'e our real eyes.

And ah' dought mah' sto'y wuz baaaad. Problem is, ah' duzn't real gots dat luxury. Slap mah fro! I'm some strugglin' graduate student and ah' can't affo'd t'steal any rap rod off-contract. Man! Nokia truly lacks in all departments uh quality control. It's no wonda' de company be practically collapsin' befo'e our real eyes.
So'ry ya' had trouble, but da damn majo'ity uh sucka's duzn't.

I'll neva' dig it why sucka's dink cuz' dey had some problem it means every raple device be defective, de entire company be lollypops and da damn wo'ld be comin' t'and end.

Put it in puh'spective.

So'ry ya' had trouble. Go steal sump'n else o' complain t'Nokia. WORD!

So'ry ya' had trouble, but da damn majo'ity uh sucka's duzn't.

I'll neva' dig it why sucka's dink cuz' dey had some problem it means every raple device be defective, de entire company be and da damn wo'ld be comin' t'and end.

Put it in puh'spective.

So'ry ya' had trouble. Go steal sump'n else o' complain t'Nokia. WORD!
I duzn't know why we gots two buttons which one fo' dank and one fo' likes but we duzn't gots some sin'le button fo' unlikes ! Preach it loud, bruddah!

Unlikes ! Preach it loud, bruddah!! Right on!

maestroman

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
No, Nokia deserves blame. Their repair process sucks. It should not take 7-10 business days to flash a phone. I have a dev phone, so have no choice (can't do it myself). And yes Apple is king of great repair process, generally due to their stores.

And nobody is saying that all Nokia phones are faulty, in fact the firmware issue is probably more of a Microsoft issue (sounds like buggy software). But until the reset portion of the software is fixed, Nokia will have to deal with it and they should do a much better job and keep much better communication. We are saying, we hope you never have to have your phone repaired (or reset now that they are locking up NaviFirm).

Question to those who have done repair thru Nokia in the US? Did your repair status ever update? My just keeps being "Repair created in Network" even though they received the phone Friday. Samsung on the other hand emailed me the second they received my recently faulty Blu-ray player and have already returned it to me having to REPLACE the motherboard. And Nokia can't flash the phone, something I could do in 30min max if I had access to the firmware?

Eventually, it'll say something like "device is being analyzed or repaired" and then "picked up" when it's done. Incidentally, mine came back today with a report saying they found nothing wrong. Irate, I called customer service and the lady told me my phone was fixed. When I insisted that bluetooth music streaming still emitted constant pops and squeaks with four different device, she told me to send the unit back. I refused (for now), and told her to escalate. She promised my case would get "high priority" and that someone would call me in 2-4 business days. I'm not happy about it, but I will send this damn thing back until it's working properly. Then, sad to say, I will probably ebay it.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
That's like saying a defective transmission in your new Dodge is the dealers fault. The manufacture is always responsible for the product they sell, and any defects that come with the product.

True but the difference with the automobile is you go to the dealer for warranty repairs you dont send it to the factory, The dealer gets it done lots quicker than the facory ever would. If you have issues ATT should also have a crack at the apple so to speak. If they cant wont dont then deal with Nokia. I bought mine new on ebay haveny had anything other than minor hickups I really like the 920 and WP8 looking forward to the blue update.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

But iots nor repaired at the factory its repaired or replaced at the dealers. Or the issue gets escalated from the dealerhip to HQ and its taken care of there. So its a similar chain of command.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry your customer support experience wasn't better. Many people on these forums would disagree however. Try some android phone manufacturers and get back to us.

Last edited:

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
When I was in India last year I had to take a Nokia to the NokiaCare. Weeks later when I was informed it was fixed and I could pick it up, I went there and found a kid, couldn't have been older than 15, who was directing the customers coming in. All the other "support technicians" there (around 10 of them) looked like they just graduated high school that year.

A similar thing happened at hp a few years earlier when I had my laptop blew a chip.

I'm not saying you need older people to fix things, but the reality is that a lot of customer service issues stem from the fact that technicians are under-trained and lack the experience to fix your problem.
And in all fairness, every customer service department of every company on earth has issues like these.

John Miller2

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same situation happen to me with the exact same number of my devices here in Australia. However i just returned them to my service provider and they replaced them immediately.

MatthewGavin

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
As soon as the call ends, your phone should go back to normal. I do not see why this is such a huge issue. I hit the lock button when the call ends and everything goes back to normal. The phone does not go black all the time, only sometimes.

taudilee

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I think you missed the point. The issue was how Nokia fixed the problem. Obviously Nokia could not fix it and just returned to the customer. You thought this complaint was too much?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Samsung does a better job than Nokia. So you could stick with WP or of course Android.

I know at least a dozen people who would disagree. I think it's a lot more complicated than company A is better than B... that is just dumbing it down too far.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I know at least a dozen people who would disagree. I think it's a lot more complicated than company A is better than B... that is just dumbing it down too far.

Well I know its just personal experience, but Samsung can replace a motherboard faster than Nokia can flash a phone. And the whole repair process is better, like emailing when they received the faulty product. They also automatically emailed what they did and of course that they sent it back. With Nokia, I have no idea if they have my product. No status change.

Sure reps from both companies are clueless. Unfortunately only Apple excels there. But Samsung obviously has their engineering down. Thinner & lighter phones. I went with Nokia on design, exclusive apps, and good luck with prior devices. But in terms of repair, Samsung did a decent job. Its no Apple with taking your faulty product down to a store and having it generally fixed/replaced that day. To have Nokia be even worse either shows their incompetence in dealing with repairs or huge back log of faulty devices. Either way is not comforting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs