Nokia does not deserve my business...

pewpewbangbang

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I just had to send my Lumia 920 in, service seems great. After a little over a week including shipping times I will be getting it back today. They completely replaced my device they said, but kept my casing/covers to preserve my color etc...I wouldn't have minded getting a diff color so long as it wasn't black though lol. Will see how the new phone is today when it delivers. Pretty much hassle free, I didn't even call them only filled out the repair form.

pewpewbangbang

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
lol....got my replacement phone. It fixed my original issue with the sim card, but it came with another issue. The top of the polycarbonate body didn't seem to be assembled correctly or something. It clicks when I apply pressure/push it like a snapple bottle cap if you know what I mean. Called them up, talked to some lady who had a minor accent but she said to send it back and will make sure/guarantee I don't run into any quality control issues/give me a brand new phone. Hopefully she follows thru with that but my comments on the repair form should be enough for them to just give me something new/flawless considering I said it was my 2nd repair phone etc...

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Most of you guys will keep your handsets for about 2 years. There is nothing wrong with waiting a ONE WEEK to get a flawless phone.

cthulhucometh

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I could simply say the exact thing .
Does someone came to your home complaining !! as far as I know that this is a general forum and you are not forced to enter this thread !

I am really tired of people just b*tching of our problem and complaining !
if some one open a whole thread just to say that he loves his devise , thousand of likes and thanks , but when someone open a thread complaining of bad experience tens of answers that let you feel they have a share in Nokia !!

DON'T LIKE A THREAD , SIMPLY DON'T ENTER !!!
What's a "devise"? You have no right to bash anyone when you can't even spell a simple word like "device". And to answer your question, if someone likes their "devise" they don't like it when someone else is constantly gripping about theirs, if you love Apple so much get off of here and go join the rest of the Apple SHEEP!
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, this always happens to every company be it Apple, Samsung, HTC, etc..
The difference is that, when one has a problem with their Apple product, they could go to an Apple store, and have their item examined.
If they can't figure out the problem, that person might beg one of the Genius to replace it with a new one.. (I did it for my iPod Nano hehe)

Point is, it is better to have your product checked in person rather than mailing it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when I was having tons of issues with my 920, I simply went to my MS store a bunch of times
until finally replacing it with a new one. (that's what they said. I think mine is refurbished.. Doesn't matter, works flawless now hehe)

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Taking advice from earlier in this thread, I emailed Stephen Elop. He put put me in touch with escalated support. I've got a replacement on the way. Escalated support was disarmingly friendly and very reassuring I'd swear I was conversing with a siren. ;)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If you can't make a positive contribution to this thread then don't bother. Your posts will be removed. Make relevant posts, it is in the form rules. I don't care which side you are on your posts will be civil and must have a point.

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My NokiaCare experience is a horrible 1. I have the lumia 620 multi touch problem. It's been a month since I've sent in my phone to NokiaCare. Until now I still don't get any dates. All they say was, "We will call you when it's ready" every single time. Basically that just means waiting indefinitely.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My 10 day old Nokia Lumia 920 bricked itself this morning while I was having a shower. It came with Portico pre installed and was thus a recently manufactured unit. Back to using my HTC 8X. I think that it is a huge mistake that Nokia makes the 920 in China, the quality is simply not there. While all the HTC we have in our office "Made in Taiwan" just work fine.

Giving it one more try, I managed to soft reset my 920 and I suspect a hang because of Meteonews a weather app which I removed. I hope to be ok now.

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Strange, seems like all the new phones take longer to repair. They must be overwhelmed with repair requests for the newer phones, or they must be having trouble getting more replacement parts or phones because I sent in a Lumia 900 and Lumia 920 on February 9th. Both arrived at the repair center on the 12th, but wasn't accepted into repair until the 13th. On the 14th, the Lumia 900 was replaced and shipped out, and I received it on the 15th. Meanwhile, the 920 was still being repaired/analyzed until the 20th when they sent me an e-mail saying they fixed it and sent it out. It's due to arrive today.

Also possible is since a lot of the Lumia 920 problems seem intermittent, it's harder and requires more time to diagnose/reproduce the problem. That, in addition to the other possible problems I mentioned above. In fact, I did send in my 920 for an intermittent problem, while the 900 was an obvious problem. Maybe that's why it took them an extra week for the 920.

So, does Nokia deserve my business? Well, the way they handled my Lumia 900 repair says yes. But for the 920? I'll have to wait to see whether they actually did fix the phone, since many people claim that Nokia sent them back their same phone in the same or even in worse condition.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The top of the polycarbonate body didn't seem to be assembled correctly or something. It clicks when I apply pressure/push it like a snapple bottle cap if you know what I mean.

This is the main reason I returned phone number 3..was concerned that over time it might allow dust to accumulate in the interior of the phone or other problems.

...now on phone number 4 which was a refurb'd replacement from AT&T which arrived with a small scratch in the screen. The screen protector I purchased at AT&T was supposed to be 'removable & washable' but after being removed & reused an 4 different handsets it was not quite 'sticking' to the new phone. Fortunately a quick trip to AT&T with an explanation of my issue and they did a swap on the screen protector for a new one which at least masks the scratched screen.

Most of you guys will keep your handsets for about 2 years. There is nothing wrong with waiting a ONE WEEK to get a flawless phone.

If only I could wait a week and receive a flawless phone :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb