Pleasant surprises with Windows Phone 8 or Lumia 920 features

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I want to start this tread. What are your pleasant surprises you have found out recently either in WinMo8 or your Lumia 920?

For me, I am very pleasantly surprised by the great mic recording when doing video. The sound is fuller and more realistic during playback. I think this may be understated in some of the Lumia ads? When more focus is on the low light f2.0 image stabilized lens.

Seeing your list would be a great to discover other things as well!

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I also posted an earlier message about my phone with display issues. I have since replaced it at the store no questions asked (during my 30 day period) but they also saw the display issue. New one is perfect. Love it.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
When you get a toast message, the screen doesn't turn on in your pocket. If you pull it out within like 5 seconds it will turn itself on showing the toast.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I want to start this tread. What are your pleasant surprises you have found out recently either in WinMo8 or your Lumia 920?

For me, I am very pleasantly surprised by the great mic recording when doing video. The sound is fuller and more realistic during playback. I think this may be understated in some of the Lumia ads? When more focus is on the low light f2.0 image stabilized lens.

Seeing your list would be a great to discover other things as well!

I agree ... it was one of the best surprise, when I made my first videos by Lumia 920 ... great recording for videos and even night videos look really great :)

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I was very pleasantly surprised. I feared Windows 8 would whitewash the industry with amazing technology and blow everyone away :) It didnt. Im happy about that. I love positive threads, they make me feel warmer than a Lumia on idle :p

Instead of being a ****** of X - I have owned phones from across all 4 OS's (Apple, Android, Windows, RIM) and right now I like the refreshing view of Windows 8 Mobile OS. Yes it does have its drawbacks, but I havent felt the urge to go back to android or iOS yet. Refreshing to me. I dont have the time to do endless fiddling with android customization. Somewhere all those apps will conflict which my Droid did with the 100 apps i downloaded. Believe it or not I can see the appeal to the walled garden approach to keep malicious apps out. the Window 8 Moble OS is clean and beautiful right now and so less cluttered looking.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
To be honest , wp8 experience is wonderful , I like the live tile very much , I hate ios icons and never used android widget with my androids phones but with wp8 I love to customize my home screen , I could say there are some feature could be added to be perfect but I have no doubt that wp8 will be one of the best os or maybe even the best .

So the answer of your question is the live tile although I was surprised by the integration of the Skype and Sky drive apps .

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There will be no more trolling in this thread. This is a good thread that the OP started. Anyone with complaints about Windows Phone, go here.

The rest of you, please carry on as normal.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
-In Windows Phone 8 when you have a lot of apps in the apps list - the letters appear to help alphabetize your search, clicking on one of the letters brings you to all the available letters and can quickly search an app by it. I think that is a nice experience.

-Screenshots I've now used several times with speedtest.net app ;)

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Recently discovered sliding the toast messages to the right dismisses them instead of tapping on them to go to the applicable app. The sound and video quality are truly fantastic. I've been let down by the camera to be honest, but that's ok. Similar to the toast notifications is the alarm screen not coming on until you move the phone to snooze or dismiss.

I'm really happy with WP8 so far, coming from Android. I still like using my Asus Transformer (Android tablet). But the experience feels more refined on WP8. To be fair, my tablet is only on ICS with no hope of being updated to JB.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The first time I received a text message while using a bluetooth ear birth control device and it read the text to me and asked if I wanted to reply... nerdgasm

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Recently discovered sliding the toast messages to the right dismisses them instead of tapping on them to go to the applicable app. The sound and video quality are truly fantastic. I've been let down by the camera to be honest, but that's ok. Similar to the toast notifications is the alarm screen not coming on until you move the phone to snooze or dismiss.

mind obliterated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05