What do you expect from Nokia in its next generation of Lumia ?

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
First of all , I want to say although I had bad luck with my phone but I really love my phone , I love WP8 and I see Nokia did a really good job with this one so what left to do in the next generation ?

For me with 32 gb I never missed SD slot , never missed FM .
What I really want next time is ... really nothing maybe just update of the camera and extra battery size would be perfect .

But do you think that other people who is using other phones expecting to have Full HD screen ? bigger battery ? thinner and lighter phone ?

So what do you think ?

theta orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with my 920 as is but I think there will be evolutionary not revolutionary changes to attract other users. Thinner, bigger battery etc; pretty much the things you mentioned. I just hope things like the 32gb of memory don't get sacrificed. Faster processor and tweaks to the OS to eliminate glitches like random rebooting, ringtones for contacts etc. Love the phone and its OS/UI; hope they improve it but don't fix what isn't broken!

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
thinner and lighter and better quality control. tigher/no gap between the screen and the back case.
otherwise it's very good.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, but you can see now that android phones are coming with full HD screen (maybe samsung and htc will bring it to wp8) , does nokia has it with pure motion ? what about 13 mb camera ?

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just want common sense used during the R&D phase, better QC in manufacturing, removable battery, and an SD card slot. Microsoft needs to get off their ass and start kicking out updates to the OS, but that isn't Nokia's fault.

Honestly though, I'm not sure I would give Nokia another chance after this mistake. There are just too many problems that should never have been with the 920.

1. You don't tout the screen's durability, posting videos of scraping keys up/down the screen with no damage and then people end up with scratches from carrying the phone in their pocket.

2. You don't promote the camera as being awesome and then have complaints about the very things the camera was supposed to excel at.

3. You don't brag about having a big battery and then people have battery life problems like with this phone.

4. You don't release a wireless charger, promote it as a major feature and then have people's phones brick from simply using it.

5. You have the intelligence not to release a phone that allows dust to enter and gather around important parts like cameras and proximity sensors.

Last edited:

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I like the weight and the apps/OS will improve with each iteration. I would like to see a removable battery. Complete 100% integration between all of microsofts offerings. A better OneNote app where you can move/collapse sections. A free surprise at random intervals every month such as a new feature. More free storage on Skydrive. I would also like to see the 'real' world actually start to implement NFC so we can use it everywhere, like in Japan. hmmm how about a phone with no camera, no nfc etc but a stripped down super thin/lightweight phone with amazing reception and 1 week battery life!

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I like the weight and the apps/OS will improve with each iteration. I would like to see a removable battery. Complete 100% integration between all of microsofts offerings. A better OneNote app where you can move/collapse sections. A free surprise at random intervals every month such as a new feature. More free storage on Skydrive. I would also like to see the 'real' world actually start to implement NFC so we can use it everywhere, like in Japan. hmmm how about a phone with no camera, no nfc etc but a stripped down super thin/lightweight phone with amazing reception and 1 week battery life!

From your avatar and answer I can see that you love big batteries :)
We all dream that one day we will end up with batteries that stand one week or even one month that will let us forget where we left our charger last time we used it :amaze:

Have a look at this and I think you will be excited :
USC battery wields silicon nanowires to hold triple the energy, charge in 10 minutes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa