My phone battery is being destroyed by facebook...possible bug.

nikana

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Let me first off by saying that my 920 is going to repair, so it is possible that my phone is just jacked up, but I noticed these issues before the phone started having other issues.

I like many others, had issues with my battery life. I was hoping it happened to be a few apps that just needed updating, but it turned out it was not. I decided to hard reset my phone, and voila. battery was much much better.

The first thing I noticed that my battery saver before the hard reset would only read 14 hours at 100%. Even if I didn't touch the phone, it would die in 14 hours. After the hard reset at 100% I would get 1 day and 22 hours. Now I know that the battery saver percent isn't always 100% right, but I used it to diagnose my issues.

After the hard reset everything worked great for about a week, and I then decided to install my apps again. I only use about 10 apps in total besides the built in hubs like the People Hub. I installed my apps and everything seemed to be ok. I pinned Facebook to my start screen with a double wide, and it worked for about a day, then once again died. It would appear to flip over like it was going to display something, but would be blank, and other times it would just show a status from days ago.

So I checked my battery saver and once again at 100% read 14 hours.

So I decided to delete the app, but after a few days of deleting the app, my battery still once again would only give me 14 hours on a charge.

I did a hard reset again, and my battery went back to being good. I never installed the facebook app and after about 3 weeks, I decided to install the app again to see if it would kill my battery, and reinstalling it did just that. 14 hours max even if I deleted the app.

So my guess is that Facebook with its' special coding is not doing something right. Again this could be that something else is wrong with my phone. I am having heating issues and my battery is sliding around inside my phone. So if you are having issues with your phones battery and have the app installed. Try a hard reset, and don't install the facebook app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers