Nokia Lumia 920 bricked after wired charging

Andrew Melro

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I connected my Nokia Lumia 920 to the wired AC charger last night before bed. I woke up in the middle of the night as I heard the phone vibrate within about 10 second intervals. I got up to check to see what was wrong with the phone, and it was unbelievably hot, and was not on. The vibrating seemed to be the phone trying to repeatedly turn on, with no success. I immediately disconnected it from the charger. I then let it sit for a few minutes before trying to turn the phone on, and there was no response.

I let the phone sit for the rest of the night allowing it to cool down. I tried to turn it on again, with no luck. I connected it to the charger once again, and finally the screen turned on, but then went to the battery charging screen, as if my phone has run out of battery completely. I let it sit on the charger for 45 minutes hoping it would finally get enough power to turn on, but it didn't.

Next I tried the button combo to reset the phone after disconnecting the phone from the charger, which didn't do anything (I tried holding the power button + volume down button for over a minute). I then connected the phone to the wired charger once again, and tried the button combo, which would successfully restart the phone, but just bring me back to the charging screen.

Im thinking the battery has been fried, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720