Ballistic Every1 Case

Corey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I recently picked up a Ballistic Every1 case for my Lumia 920. I have a few friends who have used a Ballistic case on other phones and been very happy with them, so I was looking forward to trying it out. I'm not going to beat around the bush here, I'm disappointed. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but there are a few things about this case that I just don't like. It's creaky. Very creaky. It doesn't seem like it seal up correctly. The plastic feels cheap and thin. I planned on doing more of a review, but I'm just disappointed. I looked at the Otterbox, after having a Defender and a Commuter on my Nokia Lumia 900 and was happy with them. Hopefully they'll put out a few more colors for the 920 soon. Anyway, pictures:

P1000959.JPG

The case only comes in white. It's very glossy and looks nice enough, but up close it seems a little cheap.

P1000961.JPG
P1000963.JPG

There are covers for the headphone jack and the microUSB port. The pieces are thin and and feel flimsy. It seems like just a little bit of use would tear these covers off.

P1000964.JPG

The holster is nice. It clips into a little slot on the top of the case and allows for easy release of the phone. The bottom lip cradles the phone quite well and keeps it in place.

Randolph Medrano

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
How is the built in screen protector? Would it protect from falls (besides the bumpers and other stuff that protect the phone from pebbles and whatnot)?

Corey

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
How is the built in screen protector? Would it protect from falls (besides the bumpers and other stuff that protect the phone from pebbles and whatnot)?

The built in screen protector doesn't seem to sit as snug against the screen as the one that's built into the Otterbox Defender. With the cut out by the front facing camera in addition to the loose screen protector, my concern would be that something from a pocket would get between the screen and the screen protector and scratch the **** out of the screen. The packaging says it's rated for a 5 foot fall, but the way that the entire case is set up, I'd be very reluctant to test that claim. Honestly, I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and pick up another Otterbox. I was hoping to wait for more color variations (I dig the Yellow/Grey scheme I had for my 900), but I think I'll get the black one for piece of mind.

Dylan Browne

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought this after getting a nice gash on the back of my 920 at att for 50 bucks (I was impatient, buy it on Amazon). I am not impressed with this case at all. The built-in screen protector is a nice touch but what do you do when it gets all scratched up? I haven't seen any replacement screens anywhere. Also when I drop it sometimes the front panel pops off and my phone falls out. The rubber has already started deteriorating in color after 3 weeks of use. I'm in the same boat as you. Going to try an Otterbox next paycheck. Just thought I'd through in my experience with this case.

ghostcharger

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the Ballistic case when I got my 920. I will agree that the creaky-ness factor is my number one complaint as well. I haven't dropped the phone yet, so I can't speak to the the ability of it to survive falls. I will say that I'm very impressed with Ballistic's customer service. My holster snapped off my belt clip (the phone survived that drop, but most of the impact was taken by the holster), and they simply had me email them a pic of the issue and shipping info, and within a week I had a brand new holster.

I've only had my 920 out of the case a few times, and it's so slippery by itself I can't imagine not having a case for it! I've never had a case for a phone before so I can't compare it to anything, but so far it's seemed to perform acceptably. I do like the buttons, very nice to use compared to the phone's buttons. I doubt color options will increase since the 928 and 925 are coming out and are different shapes than the 920.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I had a Ballistic on my old iPhone4 and was pretty impressed with it so this case is the first one I went with. Compared to the one on my iPhone it doesn't fit quite as snug. That case was durable as heck though, tons of falls, even full submersion and kept it safe. I noticed the creakyness too and what I did was take a piece of paper and folded it a couple times, placed it in between the phone and the back of the case. It takes up a bit of room and helps the phone fit more snugly. Not as creaky now either. Not sure how much you guys paid but I only paid 28$ shipped from the flea bay so I'm happy with it. The port cover tabs did end up tearing off my old iPhone case but it was after about 2 years of use so if I get that kind of use from this one I'll call it a win.

Edit: I also have a Zagg Invisible Shield screen protector on underneath the case. The case screen protector sticks to the screen a little but that's because the Zagg is a bit tacky. Could easily solve it by removing it but it doesn't bother me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss