How do you upload a video from 920

jprdford

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I recorded a video last night and my brother really wants me to send it to him. The video is 8 minutes 40 seconds long 1.22 gb and I recorded it in 1080p.

Tried uploading it via: skydrive- tries to compress the video then it fails. I am over wifi when I try, also tried it plugged in the comp seeing if it would even do anything.
messaging - won't work
email - file is too large
to the computer - Tried it with the wp8 app or whatever it is and it gives me a notice saying it couldn't copy.

If anyone has a way I can upload a video and keep it in full quality that would be awesome, seeing that my brother does not live near me right now and would love to see the video I really want to send it to him and keep it in the best quality. It can be via youtube or any other way as long as it's good quality and it uploads.

jprdford

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I finally uploaded it to skydrive but it compressed the video so bad you cant even see it on the computer, when i full size the screen to see the video it is just pixels its such bad quality... Settings are already set to Best quality.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I finally uploaded it to skydrive but it compressed the video so bad you cant even see it on the computer, when i full size the screen to see the video it is just pixels its such bad quality... Settings are already set to Best quality.
Its set to "Best (needs WiFi)?If so attach it to an email.
Don't know why it looks like that. Mine uploads at full quality.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
What actually happens is Windows Phone 8 will not compress videos recorded in 720p resolution but does compress videos recorded in 1080p resolution when uploading to Skydrive. However, the 1080p video I just uploaded and then downloaded to my PC didn't lose any of the detail and is exactly the same size and resolution as the video that is on my phone.

IceCrush

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
just connect your phone to the PC, open file explorer and copy the video from your phone memory and paste it in the SkyDrive folder (which i imagine you already set up) wait for it to sync and done, just share the link.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
just connect your phone to the PC, open file explorer and copy the video from your phone memory and paste it in the SkyDrive folder (which i imagine you already set up) wait for it to sync and done, just share the link.

Yeah, do what (s)he said. I found the best way to do things with files on this phone is by dragging and dropping.

jprdford

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Yes this worked! lol If i did just like you said for me to do. I plugged my phone in and went into my documents folder found my phone and found the video through doing that and was able to easily get it saved on the computer. Not sure why the wp8 app on the computer couldn't get it on there, you would think that the new system they use would be able to transfer all the files that you want it to. Thanks for the help, I was about to go nuts trying to figure it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3