Worried about microscratches

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Its been a month that I purchased my white Lumia 920. Despite providing extra care I could'nt stop its back surface from microscratches. These microscratches are not visible. But when you see it under bright light then you see small lines. What to do? Will getting a skin would prevent any further scratches?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my yellow 920 has the micro scratches but can only be seen in certain lights. You can put a case on yours which will prevent any further scratching. You might want to put a screen protector on too (if you haven't already) because the screen can also pick up some tiny micro scratches over time.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
You could try the white cc-1043 cover, if they ever get them in stock. Fits like it's part of the phone. Just take it off every now and then to make sure there is no dust inside that might cause new scratches.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my yellow 920 has the micro scratches but can only be seen in certain lights. You can put a case on yours which will prevent any further scratching. You might want to put a screen protector on too (if you haven't already) because the screen can also pick up some tiny micro scratches over time.

I am already using a screen protecter and a case. Although the screen protecter doesn't cover the entire glass because of its convex nature. Right now I am using a wallet case. I want to buy CP-600 for my lumia 920 but its not available. So is there a possibility that the friction caused by while taking it out from the case would cause micro-scratches

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it would, yes. Although polycarbonate is tough it's still a form of plastic and can get scratched. I really don't worry too much myself about scratches so I don't bother with cases or screen protectors.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
As far as these scratches doesn't hamper the functionality, one doesn't have to worry. But it spoils the look and feel of such a beautiful device

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
live with it..there is no solution, Lumia920 is not like N9... just take care of it but you will get the scratches like many of us.. mine too have some large scratches on the screen.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
live with it..there is no solution, Lumia920 is not like N9... just take care of it but you will get the scratches like many of us.. mine too have some large scratches on the screen.

I think the OP was talking about scratches on the polycarbonate. I too have microscratches on my white L920 which can only be seen under bright light at certain angles. Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all. It is so hard to even see them I don't see the point in worrying. Mine still looks brand new unless you look so very closely under bright light. Anyway, if you're that worried about it and don't want it to get any worse then just put a ZAGG invisible shield or equivalent from another company. They did the job on my old iPhone 3G which was a pretty similar finish to the gloss white L920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39