Hello, and my Nokia 920 v Canon 650 v Nokia 620 (updated 18/02/13)

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hello, and my Nokia 920 v Canon 650 test tonight (added daylight pics)

This thread is a great one - thanks sk1d_mark ... honestly, I prefer Lumia 920 daylight photos over Canon 650 SLR - it is a real surprise :) ... but for low light photos, Canon 650 beats Lumia 920, but is it surprise at all ?

sk1d_mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

Tried some close ups tonight and was more tricky than I thought, some of the pics looked OK on the phone, but out of focus on my laptop, so had to take lots more until I got some on each device.

First up, I don't have a macro lense for the 650D, so took one at a distance for colour reference, as the colour was a match.

Next, I included the wife Radar running 7.8 just for a comparison.

Lastly, I think the 620 took a better pic of the flower, slightly sharper and a better colour match.

650D for colour reference only.
650flower.jpg

HTC Radar
radarflower.jpg

620flower.jpg

920flower.jpg

620pi2.jpg

920pi2.jpg

620pi1.jpg

920pi1.jpg

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Just wondering why a connector of PCB is unsharp in Lumia 920 photos, I think that I have not seen that in my close up photos, so is it something to do with an distance (a distance limit of close up photos) or is it possible that a camera lens was not really clean (sorry that I write that, but I am just curious to understand why that connector is unsharp in Lumia 920 photos) ...

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Just wondering why a connector of PCB is unsharp in Lumia 920 photos, I think that I have not seen that in my close up photos, so is it something to do with an distance (a distance limit of close up photos) or is it possible that a camera lens was not really clean (sorry that I write that, but I am just curious to understand why that connector is unsharp in Lumia 920 photos) ...
because OP has both phone focus on different part.

sk1d_mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the differences in the close-ups , its was much harder than I thought it would be, not easy keeping 3 cats from wanting to be in the picture too.

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
thread starter, if you have to try this app call "Pro Shot". it works very well with Lumia 920, and you can get quality on par with your 650d for night shots. some how the auto setting on the Lumia 920 still don't work quite well with night photos. but for Pro Shot with the ability to manually adjust the setting, Night Photography gets much better. check out one of my photo below taken using Pro Shot.

This was taken with, 100 iso, 2 sec shutter with an fixed aperture of f2.0. mounted on a so called tripod. :) take note that the actual environment is very dark and those lamps are actually very dim orange lights.
2013_02_09_21_12_42_ProShot.jpg

KentuckyHouse

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Nice thread idea, OP!

I've also got the T4i (aka 650D) and the 920, so these shots interested me greatly. I'd never thought about doing a comparison of the pictures each takes.

One thing I'm noticing about the 920 pictures (even in comparison to the 620) is that it tends to over-saturate brownish colors (or maybe it just makes browns more...brown). Mine does the same thing, especially compared to my S3 and iPhone 5. I was worried there might be something wrong with my 920, but now I can see that's just how it is.

I will say this, the Portico update made a world of difference to the camera. Believe that or not (I know there are some people here that don't believe it), but it did. I bought my first 920 back in November, right after it was released, and the camera was SO bad compared to my S3 that I ended up returning it. I just got my new one last week and the camera is better in every aspect (or maybe I should say the camera software is better). Either way, it takes much better pictures than my first 920.

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Nice thread idea, OP!

I've also got the T4i (aka 650D) and the 920, so these shots interested me greatly. I'd never thought about doing a comparison of the pictures each takes.

One thing I'm noticing about the 920 pictures (even in comparison to the 620) is that it tends to over-saturate brownish colors (or maybe it just makes browns more...brown). Mine does the same thing, especially compared to my S3 and iPhone 5. I was worried there might be something wrong with my 920, but now I can see that's just how it is.

I will say this, the Portico update made a world of difference to the camera. Believe that or not (I know there are some people here that don't believe it), but it did. I bought my first 920 back in November, right after it was released, and the camera was SO bad compared to my S3 that I ended up returning it. I just got my new one last week and the camera is better in every aspect (or maybe I should say the camera software is better). Either way, it takes much better pictures than my first 920.

Not only portico made a world difference. But with pro shot, it just made a miracle. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720