I am having some odd charging issues with the NFC charging plate. Ive got a Lumia 920 and initially was charging it with the standard charger. Good stuff, no issues. Would charge to 100% overnight and give me 36 hours worth of use after pulling it off the charger (according to the battery settings under settings). Started using the NFC charging plate and it would show charged to 100% but only give me 16 hours of use (again according to the battery settings under settings). During the day it would stick at 16 hours and then widely fluctuate up to 8 days, 4 days back to 6 then down to 2 before settling back to normal. Tried this for 3 days and always the same. Night before last I charged it with the standard charger vs. the NFC plate and its back to 100% overnight with roughly 36 hours of use available? Anyone else having these issues with the NFC charging plate? I must admit the NFC charging plate is pretty cool but these charging fluctuations are driving me a bit nuts.
    02-17-2013 05:02 AM
    First off, the information being displayed under Settings > Battery saver should serve as a guide only and can fluctuate wildly depending on real use of the phone. The best method to measure battery life is to count how much the battery has dropped in percentage points and divide that figure by the time in hours since its last charge. This will give you a figure of how fast the battery is draining in percent/hour. You can use this figure to then estimate how long your battery will last on its remaining charge.

Also, the charging plate doesn't use NFC, it uses electromagnetic induction to transfer current between the coils in the plate and in the phone. This is the reason why the 920 is so thick and heavy.
    02-17-2013 06:46 AM