Help regarding unlocked ATT Lumia 920

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks
I am from India, I am very big fan of Nokia since years, I am planning to buy Lumia 920. I want to clarification regarding ATT Unlocked Lumia 920 model

" 1) What is meant my unlocked ATT phone that comes at price tag 450$ ?
2) It means can we use any network in this unlocked version or it means the phone is still locked to ATT network but contract free ?
3) Are there any legitimate methods to unlock ATT branded phone ? "

I want to get it through friend from US, here the cost of phone is around 35,000 INR (700$):unhappysweat:, I cant afford that much as I am graduate student,

Kevin Byte

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
The phone is locked to AT&T network, and it can only be used on AT&T network or its MVNO here in USA.
Currently there are no unlock services out there, and whatever is there are most probably fake ones.

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Many thanx for the reply

so all these online websites that claim to unlock phone from servers etc is fake ?

I've contacted one of the sites that says they have the unlock code. I ordered an unlock code back in November and still have not gotten it yet. The site finally replied to me and told me that the L920 unlocks are so backlogged that they are taking way longer than normal to get. Nokia is not releasing enough of them fast enough. They are issuing refunds if you want or you can wait it out. I opted for the refund. They're are some success stories out there but far and few apart. So if your buying an AT&T L920....you might be in for a ride trying to unlock it or at least waiting until May when unlock codes will be released for every major unlocking service provider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss