Connecting to PC

Tom Walton

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

Just purchased a lumia 920 today and I'm wanting to connect it to my pc to transfer my photos and music etc to it.

I have recently had a nasty virus on my computer, which i believe my anti-virus found and got rid of. I'm concerned the virus will have left something behind and will re-appear again at some point as i know they can be very difficult to get rid of completely.

Might be a stupid question, but i just wondered if there was any chance anything could be passed onto my phone and corrupt it if i connected it up to my pc?

Loving the phone though, although battery life hasnt been great.

Thanks in advance.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

Just purchased a lumia 920 today and I'm wanting to connect it to my pc to transfer my photos and music etc to it.

I have recently had a nasty virus on my computer, which i believe my anti-virus found and got rid of. I'm concerned the virus will have left something behind and will re-appear again at some point as i know they can be very difficult to get rid of completely.

Might be a stupid question, but i just wondered if there was any chance anything could be passed onto my phone and corrupt it if i connected it up to my pc?

Loving the phone though, although battery life hasnt been great.

Thanks in advance.
You could transfer a virus from a file that is on your phone to your PC but not the other way around; PC viruses will not affect your phone.

Obviously the pictures you take would be safe to transfer from your phone to your PC, but if you downloaded an infected image from a dodgy website and saved it on your phone, you could infect your PC by transferring that image to your PC.

Tom Walton

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
You could transfer a virus from a file that is on your phone to your PC but not the other way around; PC viruses will not affect your phone.

Obviously the pictures you take would be safe to transfer from your phone to your PC, but if you downloaded an infected image from a dodgy website and saved it on your phone, you could infect your PC by transferring that image to your PC.

Brilliant!

Thanks for your quick response, I thought that was the case but I don't have a great knowledge on these things.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Brilliant!

Thanks for your quick response, I thought that was the case but I don't have a great knowledge on these things.
You're welcome. That's why many enterprises disable USB ports on corporate PCs, so nobody puts viruses on corporate PCs/network from their personal flash drives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium