Hi guys

Just purchased a lumia 920 today and I'm wanting to connect it to my pc to transfer my photos and music etc to it.

I have recently had a nasty virus on my computer, which i believe my anti-virus found and got rid of. I'm concerned the virus will have left something behind and will re-appear again at some point as i know they can be very difficult to get rid of completely.

Might be a stupid question, but i just wondered if there was any chance anything could be passed onto my phone and corrupt it if i connected it up to my pc?

Loving the phone though, although battery life hasnt been great.

Thanks in advance.
    02-17-2013 03:27 PM
    Hi guys

Just purchased a lumia 920 today and I'm wanting to connect it to my pc to transfer my photos and music etc to it.

I have recently had a nasty virus on my computer, which i believe my anti-virus found and got rid of. I'm concerned the virus will have left something behind and will re-appear again at some point as i know they can be very difficult to get rid of completely.

Might be a stupid question, but i just wondered if there was any chance anything could be passed onto my phone and corrupt it if i connected it up to my pc?

Loving the phone though, although battery life hasnt been great.

Thanks in advance.
    You could transfer a virus from a file that is on your phone to your PC but not the other way around; PC viruses will not affect your phone.

Obviously the pictures you take would be safe to transfer from your phone to your PC, but if you downloaded an infected image from a dodgy website and saved it on your phone, you could infect your PC by transferring that image to your PC.
    02-17-2013 03:31 PM
    You could transfer a virus from a file that is on your phone to your PC but not the other way around; PC viruses will not affect your phone.

Obviously the pictures you take would be safe to transfer from your phone to your PC, but if you downloaded an infected image from a dodgy website and saved it on your phone, you could infect your PC by transferring that image to your PC.
    Brilliant!

Thanks for your quick response, I thought that was the case but I don't have a great knowledge on these things.
    02-17-2013 03:59 PM
    Brilliant!

Thanks for your quick response, I thought that was the case but I don't have a great knowledge on these things.
    You're welcome. That's why many enterprises disable USB ports on corporate PCs, so nobody puts viruses on corporate PCs/network from their personal flash drives.
    02-17-2013 08:50 PM