WARNING ! Lumia 920 picture hub tile shows even deleted pictures

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I just want to share something what happened to me right now and WARN other Lumia 920 users.

Well I took a picture of my girlfriend taking a shower yesterday ;) and after examining sharpness of "water drops" ;) I deleted that photo from my camera roll.
Now when I pick up my phone and unlock it to see something, that very same photo showing on photo hub live tile !?!?!!?
Guess I was surprised (luckily nobody else close to me). Then I double checked camera roll to see did I really deleted that photo, and yes I did, photo is not there.

So just warning all of the others who takes a pictures that you want to keep for yourself, be aware, even if you delete it, it still shows on tile on your home screen !!!!!

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
did you try reboot/ soft reset your 920?

you can choose the background picture on the picture hub setting if reboot/ soft reset cant slove the problem. Never go for hard reset before you try anything. :)

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
It goes away after half an hour or so. I guess it runs a background job to pick and resize the photo its shows on the tile.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Foroplex

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thats not just a lumia issue - Happens on all WP8 devices - only way i have found of stopping it is remove the tile from the start screen turn your phone off and back on again then put the pictures tile back where it was.

Had a rather embarassing moment with a deleted picture so had to find a way to solve the issue quickly.

illumia

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
...A girlfriend and a Lumia 920 in the shower! So, it actually CAN get more exciting! Anyway could it be that the displayed picture was a skydrive backup pic?

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
You can tell it to stay on one pic, or define favorite pics

If you define some favorites, it only shows them. If none is defined it just shows randomly selected from pics saved on the phone.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Foroplex

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I took picture yesterday, deleted after examining pixels ;) and then later at evening restarted L920, Live tile showing picture today. Picture is not saved on skydrive.
(Joke, if someone want to see if it behave same way on other L920 I can send picture ;) , anyone ? ) LOL

BTW when I unlock phone now it shows different picture, so who knows..... (maybe better safe then sorry, remove tile, restart, back with tile ? )

hesketh7085

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
It must be a skydrive issue; I removed some racey pictures I'd previously taken the other day because they were showing in the photo tile, but since backing them up onto my PC and into a 'locked album' app, they no longer appear in the photo hub tile.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
It must be a skydrive issue; I removed some racey pictures I'd previously taken the other day because they were showing in the photo tile, but since backing them up onto my PC and into a 'locked album' app, they no longer appear in the photo hub tile.
How can it be skydrive issue? I do not save images on skydrive !

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How can it be skydrive issue? I do not save images on skydrive !

Its definitely not Skydrive. The solution I found works. So the only thing i can think of is that it stores images in a cache for the live tiles so even when pics are deleted the image is still in the cache. It takes removing the tile, restarting the phone and replacing the tile to clear the cache of deleted images

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Strange. Send me the pic so I can see if its in metadata. 😊

It happened to me as well and I don't use SkyDrive and I am on a HTC.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Its definitely not Skydrive. The solution I found works. So the only thing i can think of is that it stores images in a cache for the live tiles so even when pics are deleted the image is still in the cache. It takes removing the tile, restarting the phone and replacing the tile to clear the cache of deleted images
Yep. I've noticed deleted images appearing in the tile rotation several times... slightly annoying, usually a couple of resets does the trick for me, but not always. Re-pinning the tile sounds like it should finish the job.

OP, it might be a good idea if you take the advice of a couple people in this thread and just set up a bunch of "favorite" photos for your tile to rotate through. That way, you don't have to worry about evidence from sporadic encounters with your girlfriend showing up at the wrong time ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss