Hotmail Not Picking up

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I've run across a problem on my 920.

Since Friday it's stopped picking up from my main Hotmail Microsoft account. Sending works perfectly, and there are no error messages.

Anyone had a similar experience and can offer assistance?

Thanks,

Rich

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I started having an issue last night with my outlook.com email. stopped getting new emails despite it saying it had synced. This email account has the windows icon next to it in the settings tab. Anyways, I ended up having to add a new email account, this time using the outlook icon and everything seems to be syncing and working as its supposed to.

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I started having an issue last night with my outlook.com email. stopped getting new emails despite it saying it had synced. This email account has the windows icon next to it in the settings tab. Anyways, I ended up having to add a new email account, this time using the outlook icon and everything seems to be syncing and working as its supposed to.

Could you let me know what you have in settings as the outlook server address? I changed to the new 'Outlook style' of Hotmail, at least a year ago in Beta, and am just wondering if it now may be confused!

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? Or found a solution for it? It seems now another one of my email accounts is not synching either :-/

Ivanr53

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had similar sync problems around 2013-02-23/24 or USA format 02-23/24-2013,since then all corrected it self. It has come to my notice that the Ms Outlook.com/ old Hotmail servers had some problems and this resulted in mail sync problems.

Last edited:

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what else to do before doing a factory reset, ugh. Anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions? I've toggled the email sync, reviewed my login credentials and the server name, created a new hotmail account, still nothing, I don't even get an error.

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I had an issue with my Lumia 920 not syncing my live mail account after I changed some security settings on Outlook.com. The only way I could fix it was with a factory reset.

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine is working again and this was the response I got.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We would like you to know that we already determined the issue and it is now resolved. Please try to login to your account and see if it is now working fine.
For more information, you may refer on the article below:
Latency issues and receiving error messages in Outlook.com "Sorry, there seems to be a problem with Hotmail right now", "dub002.mail.live.com is down" or “The Service is Unavailable”

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The status page shows everything is ok and I'm not even getting any errors, it just doesn't pick up any messages for some reason. I just changed my password in the hopes maybe that would help, but again no change.
I twitted their support page yesterday and today with no answer either. This doesn't make any sense.

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, ended up having to do a hard reset as per support's suggestion. Wasn't very happy with the process though, it took about 10-11 hours processing and then some stuff got lost when the phone was being restored. At least my hotmail is working now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99