Free Nokia Music

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the app does use data if not connected to WiFi. However, it is nice because the app itself is free. If you want to use Spotify, you need to pay for a subscription; Spotify is only free on a PC, but mobile Spotify requires a subscription. Apps by Nokia - Nokia - USA

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It is good to mention that Nokia Music use very little power compared to many other similar kind music apps (including internet radios) ... they have done good work to optimize a power consumption ...

noopster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded lots of music last night. Absolutely awesome. Now to check if I can transfer the music from my phone to other sources (PC, etc)..

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What is the "deal" with free Nokia Music?

Don't you still have to pay data charges through your carrier for this if not using wi-fi?

You can download the mixes ( 4 maximum ) and listen to them all the time without data/wifi.

Spotify was ,( don't know if they still are ) offering a free 48hr WP8 trial. I used it for the 48hrs and made my playlist available offline. Now I can listen to my songs still, using my free spotify account..

It's like cheating the system, but not really.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
=Don't you still have to pay data charges through your carrier for this if not using wi-fi?

It's free because you don't have to pay for the service to download or stream mixes like you do on Spotify etc...Of course data charges exist, Nokia aren't going to pay your bill for you because you use their app.

I think the app is great, I don't think it gets as much attention as it should. I would have loved if the skip restriction wasn't there though.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You can download the mixes ( 4 maximum ) and listen to them all the time without data/wifi.

Spotify was ,( don't know if they still are ) offering a free 48hr WP8 trial. I used it for the 48hrs and made my playlist available offline. Now I can listen to my songs still, using my free spotify account..

It's like cheating the system, but not really.

I believe the songs have a 30 day DRM TTL attached to them. Expect those songs to stop working :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mark3dyn

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I finally gave up on my iPhone after 4 years. No more money to Apple, if that's possible.

I was wondering if with Nokia Music or any other music apps, is it possible to continuously show the artist/title, etc. on the screen when driving? There is no setting that I can find to allow this, either in the app settings or the phone settings itself. I know it's possible with certain apps, such as with the map programs the I'm using, gMaps and Nokia Drive+. I'd really just like the ability to have the phone not go to sleep when I choose. The best timeout setting is 5 minutes. I'd like a no lockscreen timeout value.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if that's possible, but I don't think that it is.

One thing I have been toying with trying is using a headphone jack splitter. I have a set of earphones with a button to skip a track, and I'm wondering if I can plug the splitter in (I use a cassette deck plugin to the headphone jack in my car), then play the music through the car and use the earphone controls to skip tracks when I want. I just have to find the splitter I got 4 years ago, haha.

Mark3dyn

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually, after poking around a few other threads, I found out that MetroRadio basically is a client for Pandora. You can log into your Pandora account, all your playlists are there, and can set it up to keep the artist data on screen with the prevent lock options. Very cool. Now I don't even care that there isn't a Pandora app. Now I only need a Mint.com app (and a notification center, pop up emails/texts, etc.) and I'll be set. I'm sure someone can do all that with another third part app too. MetroRadio is free with graphic ads, I assume the $1.49 version just removes those. I already pay $36/year for ad free Pandora.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I know this, Nokia music is bangin'. The sound is rich, bass is deep and its just unbelievably good. I dropped XBOX music with the intention of going with Rhapsody but after listening to Nokia music, they are making me a believer. Can't beat the price and unlimited skip feature.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, anyone aware of the desktop version? I heard we were supposed to have access to an HTML version but I can't seem to locate it. I activated my trial through my phone but I would like to use my computer if at all possible.

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Music + Unlimited Mixes, unlimited skips, better song quality. For only $3.99
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99