I am looking for a new head unit for my lumia 920:
    What i Really want:
    Best possible integration with spotify (either via bluetooth or via usb?)
    A good handsfree setup (good mic / noice cancellation).
    Genearally looking for the best possible integration between the unit an the phone in general (phone in center).

Nice to have:
    FM tuner would be nice, but not a must, display size is unimportant (but with a great integration with the phone i am willing to pay extra for a larger display).

What i dont need:
    A CD player

Any recommendations /experience would be appreciated!
    Pricerange: from $100 to $400.
    02-19-2013 08:15 AM
    As long as it has bluetooth you are good. I do not believe WP will allow USB-out. Not sure about that. I would personally recommend Pioneer for its excellent IPod integration. Its doubtful that you will connect your phone all of the time. I still use my IPod quite often as the sound quality is unmatched except for CD's.
    karkandreas likes this.
    02-19-2013 08:36 AM
    Thanks, i am looking at the pioneer solutions and the best integrations seems to be against android and especially apple (app radio). Are there any other good products out there more directed to the windows phone 8 platform?
    I do have both an old iphone 4 and a ipod touch that I could use for music, but id rather not if its not nececcary. Since i am buying a new unit I would love a unit that had a bit more than the minimum.
    (IE control spotify directly through the head unit and that sort of stuff).
    02-19-2013 08:59 AM
    I don't think you are going to find anything like that.
    02-19-2013 02:09 PM
    Did you find a head unit? I too am looking for one but I am looking for a double din type. Just seen this on Halfords for 149 which ends today. Halfords | Pioneer SPH-DA02 AppRadio
    03-11-2013 11:28 AM
    I bought a Pioneer FH X700BT. I have not tried the USB connection but I don't think it would work. I bought it to stream music using Bluetooth and to have a hands free system and it has been great!
    03-11-2013 12:06 PM
    I got a Renault Scenic with Bluetooth Bose stereo and it works ok except for the music starts and plays alphabetically from my music library. Also, when I connect via USB, it does play music as some sort of mp3 device then occasionally cuts off with the message 'Error, file corrupt' or 'Can't play this medium'.
    03-11-2013 02:58 PM
    I've been striking out with this as well. My latest car buy last month was a Hyundai Genesis coupe and it will neither stream nor play through the USB port. I've only been able to get it to charge the damn phone a few times, no clue.

When at a local stereo shop a few months ago I asked and we tried plugging it into the USB port of 7 or 8 units they thought it would work with but no luck. It would have to be streamed over bluetooth.

Honestly this is the only thing I miss about the iphone, being able to stream and control it on the headunit, etc. No a huge deal but a deal none the less.
    03-11-2013 03:59 PM
    Anybody has experience with Kenwood or JVC bluetooth?
    03-23-2013 06:57 PM
    I bought a cheap no-name brand head unit for one of our cars for $100 in Australia which lets me stream music and change songs with the head unit through bluetooth. Works great. It works for apps like Nokia Music too. My other car with bluetooth built in only lets me stream the music across, so I change the songs on the phone (swipe up to unlock, swipe left for the next song with the music app already open).
    03-23-2013 11:34 PM
    I am looking for a new head unit for my lumia 920:
    What i Really want:
    Best possible integration with spotify (either via bluetooth or via usb?)
    A good handsfree setup (good mic / noice cancellation).
    Genearally looking for the best possible integration between the unit an the phone in general (phone in center).

Nice to have:
    FM tuner would be nice, but not a must, display size is unimportant (but with a great integration with the phone i am willing to pay extra for a larger display).

What i dont need:
    A CD player

Any recommendations /experience would be appreciated!
    Pricerange: from $100 to $400.
    Kenwood excelon series is the way to go! I've got an X994 and it works seamlessly with the Lumia 920 or any other device I have thrown at it! Bluetooth, usb, sd, cd, iPod, all supported
    karkandreas likes this.
    03-23-2013 11:49 PM
    I've been striking out with this as well. My latest car buy last month was a Hyundai Genesis coupe and it will neither stream nor play through the USB port. I've only been able to get it to charge the damn phone a few times, no clue.

When at a local stereo shop a few months ago I asked and we tried plugging it into the USB port of 7 or 8 units they thought it would work with but no luck. It would have to be streamed over bluetooth.

Honestly this is the only thing I miss about the iphone, being able to stream and control it on the headunit, etc. No a huge deal but a deal none the less.
    Mate the issue with charging the windows phone on head unit usb connections is with the cable u r using. Because of its make up, wp8 will try look for drivers if u use a standard USB DATA CABLE with a usb connection before it charges. The way around this is to get urself a POWER ONLY MICROUSB CABLE. This will work with no issues. Talking from personal experience.
    03-23-2013 11:55 PM