Updated to Portico, but no longer received apps updates notification

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So just received the Portico update yesterday and updated it. Then I read that there are some update to several apps like WhatsApp, but until this morning I don't receive the notifications at all. Usually it will always come out in the morning. So I manually went to the Store and check on the apps itself. And there is an update.

Is this one of the issues with Portico update?

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I updated to Portico yesterday and got two app update notifications this morning. It might be the update was published after your phone checked (I think mine does it at about 3-4am).

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I never got my updates fast enough. Most of the time, I have to check them out myself manually - pre or post portico.
Device: Unlocked Lumia 920 Indonesia.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My app updates only come for some apps, not all of them. For example, today I got two updates. One for Mehdoh and one for Snes8x. I always get update notifications for these apps. However, updates for Whatsapp and BLINK were also released today, but I never get update notifications for these apps. I'm not sure why!

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I updated to Portico yesterday and got two app update notifications this morning. It might be the update was published after your phone checked (I think mine does it at about 3-4am).

Usually I check the news for updates from wpcentral. And I'll see it in my device hours later. But never more than a day. But this morning, I haven't seen it yet and I have to update it manually.

I never got my updates fast enough. Most of the time, I have to check them out myself manually - pre or post portico.
Device: Unlocked Lumia 920 Indonesia.
Hey.. we are from same country. What provider are you using? I'm using either Telkomsel or Indosat. Currently on Telkomsel (because of the free data plan that comes with the Lumia :grin: ) Usually I will receive the update notification in the morning like somewhere around 6 a.m - 8 a.m
Consistently, without failed. Only today, right after I updated to Portico yesterday. I don't receive it.

And actually, since my parents are using one as well. I can compare it. My parents one is set to Indonesia as the marketplace. And couldn't download any apps last night. It said something wrong with the Windows Store. But can be updated to Portico last night. So, I'm not sure the problem with the Windows Store could contribute to the apps update not showing.

My app updates only come for some apps, not all of them. For example, today I got two updates. One for Mehdoh and one for Snes8x. I always get update notifications for these apps. However, updates for Whatsapp and BLINK were also released today, but I never get update notifications for these apps. I'm not sure why!

Mehdoh got updates? I didn't check for it today. But why Wpcentral doesn't say anything about it in the articles?
Yes, exactly, Whatsapp and Blink got updates, but I know it from Wpcentral not from the apps notification. So has to manually go to the store, find the apps and update it.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I updated yesterday as well. I have recieved app update notification today. As I know, update won't show up immediately but a specific interval. But I still haven't figure out the trick in update interval

iosub

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Since portico update, I don't get update notifications. I let the phone charge overnight with 3g and WiFi ON. I have to do manual update always...

gabp

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have had exactly the same problem. Got in touch with Microsoft engineer via Windows Phone Help website, and they said this is a rare thing they are seeing after Portico updates. He recommended doing a hard reset and re-installing the updates. Haven't done this yet - not sure I want to, but it is annoying to manually have to keep tabs on all app updates.

I came onto this forum hoping others were having similar problems and had some better solutions. Anyone?

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have had exactly the same problem. Got in touch with Microsoft engineer via Windows Phone Help website, and they said this is a rare thing they are seeing after Portico updates. He recommended doing a hard reset and re-installing the updates. Haven't done this yet - not sure I want to, but it is annoying to manually have to keep tabs on all app updates.

I came onto this forum hoping others were having similar problems and had some better solutions. Anyone?

So this morning when I woke up, it seems the apps update notification working again. I didn't do anything to my phone beside last night I tried to update the Mehdoh manually. It failed twice and only successful on the third attempt.

Anyway, like I mentioned previously, I saw the apps update in the morning around 7 a.m. Like it was before the Portico update. And today the updates are from App Highlights and Flyby.
The only thing I know that is able to solve most of this problem is to set, email+accounts -> Microsoft Account -> Download new content -> As items arrive. (Just like the other users pointed on previous post)
I have this setting since the 1st day I have my phone.

gabp

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
So this morning when I woke up, it seems the apps update notification working again. I didn't do anything to my phone beside last night I tried to update the Mehdoh manually. It failed twice and only successful on the third attempt.

Thank you. No such luck for me unfortunately. There's clearly something that needs activating - like you, my updates from Microsoft are also on "As items arrive". Out of interest, how long ago did you update Portico? For me it's probably about 3 weeks.

gamenlegend

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Where on the phone? On settings / account / email ?

I thought that that settings was just for email..

Thanks

I spoke with a microsoft rep a while back and she said that I might not have been receiving updates due to this setting. Since setting it this way I receive updates daily, if they're available.
Settings > email + accounts > Microsoft Account > Download new content > as items arrive

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. No such luck for me unfortunately. There's clearly something that needs activating - like you, my updates from Microsoft are also on "As items arrive". Out of interest, how long ago did you update Portico? For me it's probably about 3 weeks.

No problem at all.
I got my Portico update a day before I posted this thread. So around 2 days ago.
By the way, what country do you set in your Windows Phone Store? I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it. But, my parents Lumia is set to different country than mine. Mine is set to USA, and during the day the Portico update came out, I could still download app from the store, but my parents couldn't. It said "Can't connect to the store right now". But, strangely, I can update the phone to Portico.

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
  • Unpin your Store tile
  • Delete your I.E browsing history (... > Settings > Delete History)
  • Soft-reset your phone (hold down power & volume down)
  • Re-pin your Store tile

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
  • Unpin your Store tile
  • Delete your I.E browsing history (... > Settings > Delete History)
  • Soft-reset your phone (hold down power & volume down)
  • Re-pin your Store tile

Thanks, I just did this. I'll let you know if it works. Of course, I won't know right away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss