Updated to Portico, but no longer received apps updates notification

takisrock

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
today I turn off the phone, remove the battery, and reboot.
When the phone open I unpin and pin again the store
and then Suddenly I received 6 updates. the 3 were old..

I don't know what is happen

Last edited:

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey.. we are from same country. What provider are you using? I'm using either Telkomsel or Indosat. Currently on Telkomsel (because of the free data plan that comes with the Lumia :grin: ) Usually I will receive the update notification in the morning like somewhere around 6 a.m - 8 a.m
Consistently, without failed. Only today, right after I updated to Portico yesterday. I don't receive it.

And actually, since my parents are using one as well. I can compare it. My parents one is set to Indonesia as the marketplace. And couldn't download any apps last night. It said something wrong with the Windows Store. But can be updated to Portico last night. So, I'm not sure the problem with the Windows Store could contribute to the apps update not showing.

I'm using Telkomsel but missed the Promo/Data Plan for Lumia lol. I'm using the Flash Data plan at the moment. Up until yesterday I have to rely on WPCentral news to update my apps since the notification has been failing for me. I just can't wait for another day to update my apps. LOL.
I'm gonna give the Jeally666 tip a try and see what happens.

R42

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Guys guys

Hear me Hear me!

ok, So i always had this problem after i did a hard reset. I did it so many times but still never received updates.
Then i turned on "Suggestions"

And then my app store sends me updates. I receive them ALWAYS around 8 or 10 pm everyday, if there is an update.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys guys

Hear me Hear me!

ok, So i always had this problem after i did a hard reset. I did it so many times but still never received updates.
Then i turned on "Suggestions"

And then my app store sends me updates. I receive them ALWAYS around 8 or 10 pm everyday, if there is an update.

Hmm, that's interesting, will definitely give it a try!

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Telkomsel but missed the Promo/Data Plan for Lumia lol. I'm using the Flash Data plan at the moment. Up until yesterday I have to rely on WPCentral news to update my apps since the notification has been failing for me. I just can't wait for another day to update my apps. LOL.
I'm gonna give the Jeally666 tip a try and see what happens.

Oh. that's too bad. The promo was so worth it. Saved you a million :grin:
Another friend of mine who is using Xl since the first day, had the same problems. I have the updates, but his didn't show update at all. Did few hard reset and somehow it just show the updates. Maybe you can try the tips that is given by some of the users. And try to change the Store location to USA. Let us know the results :D
By the way, gonna switch back to Indosat, once the free data plan expired. Using Indosat gives so much more in terms of battery life. On, Telkomsel, from 100% charge, it will just give around 1 days 10 hours. On Indosat, it will easily give 3 days 10 hours. And if the phone is on standby during the night, the estimated time can reach 19 days (Almost exactly the standby time given in Lumia 920 specs)

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh. that's too bad. The promo was so worth it. Saved you a million :grin:
Another friend of mine who is using Xl since the first day, had the same problems. I have the updates, but his didn't show update at all. Did few hard reset and somehow it just show the updates. Maybe you can try the tips that is given by some of the users. And try to change the Store location to USA. Let us know the results :D
By the way, gonna switch back to Indosat, once the free data plan expired. Using Indosat gives so much more in terms of battery life. On, Telkomsel, from 100% charge, it will just give around 1 days 10 hours. On Indosat, it will easily give 3 days 10 hours. And if the phone is on standby during the night, the estimated time can reach 19 days (Almost exactly the standby time given in Lumia 920 specs)

I think the T-Sel promo will continue for Lumia devices until further notice. Wow.. you do have great battery life with you 920. Mine lasted only 12-16 hours on medium usage and 7-8 on heavy usage!

Regarding the updates, I always set my region to US. I've followed every tips given in this thread (Turning on suggestions, unpin Store and clear browser) but so far WPCentral's updates tip are far faster the the updates on my store. lol.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think the T-Sel promo will continue for Lumia devices until further notice. Wow.. you do have great battery life with you 920. Mine lasted only 12-16 hours on medium usage and 7-8 on heavy usage!

Regarding the updates, I always set my region to US. I've followed every tips given in this thread (Turning on suggestions, unpin Store and clear browser) but so far WPCentral's updates tip are far faster the the updates on my store. lol.

How many background apps are you having? I have 6 apps (just disabled 3 apps last night, and it improved the battery life quite significant), and in the Advanced Tab, I have 24 apps.

I think WPCentral's updates are still faster, but I usually read it in the morning, and in the morning, I already see the updates on my phone. What time do you usually see the updates on your phone?
My parent's Lumia, using the same provider as me, don't see the updates yet in the morning. Still haven't figured out to fix it.

AlexxZD

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
  • Unpin your Store tile
  • Delete your I.E browsing history (... > Settings > Delete History)
  • Soft-reset your phone (hold down power & volume down)
  • Re-pin your Store tile
Thanks :) It worked for me - next day i've got the notifications (~10am) and now il's still working fine every day like before Portico update

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So the problem happened again. This time it's my phone that don't see the updates, while my parent's one has it. I have waited 2 days since I read the Twitter & Mehdoh updates but I don't see it on my phone. And today, I read about the Nokia system updates and I don't see it on my phone either, while my parent's one has.

I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it, but right after the Battery Sense & all those HERE apps updates last week, my phone suddenly behave strangely. Like random battery drain during idle and cellular off. Can go down to 50% during Idle in within 7 hours. And I always feel some heat on the phone when idle.

stueyboy

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
What worked for me to get updates back

1. Set Microsoft account as items arrive
2. Delete internet beowsing history
3. unpin store from home screen
4. Soft reset
(5. Set the correct time - very annoying bug)
6. Pin Store to home screen

This worked and I am still getting update notifications a couple of weeks later

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
What worked for me to get updates back

1. Set Microsoft account as items arrive
2. Delete internet beowsing history
3. unpin store from home screen
4. Soft reset
(5. Set the correct time - very annoying bug)
6. Pin Store to home screen

This worked and I am still getting update notifications a couple of weeks later

No.1 has been my settings since the 1st time I bought it. And a day after I updated to Portico it was behaving like this as well. The next day I could see the updates. But now, I can't see it again

However, I tried soft reset first yesterday, and then followed through what you've mentioned exactly in the same order.
Gonna try what you said :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss