03-03-2013 01:45 AM
37 12
tools
    I do mobile development and can comment a little on your battery life, since I have an SG3 and a 920 and have done battery drain tests with our apps to see how much strain it puts on the phone.

Your battery life comparison is pretty off from what it should be. In identical situations, doing the exact same thing on both phones, your 920 should last you about 30% longer than the SG3. If you aren't getting that kind of battery life, there may be something wrong with your phone. Might be worth swapping out?
    02-26-2013 12:40 PM
    OK, I have a few more items, this time sounds:
    1. Can I set individual alerts / sounds for different accounts? I have my work email and hotmail
    2. Can I change the sound for Calendar reminders?
    3. Can I change the sound for individuals text messages? A different sound for wife, kids...

That's it for now. Thanks,
    02-26-2013 03:38 PM
    OK, I have a few more items, this time sounds:
    1. Can I set individual alerts / sounds for different accounts? I have my work email and hotmail
    2. Can I change the sound for Calendar reminders?
    3. Can I change the sound for individuals text messages? A different sound for wife, kids...

That's it for now. Thanks,
    No for all three.
    dgreening likes this.
    02-26-2013 04:09 PM
    I do mobile development and can comment a little on your battery life, since I have an SG3 and a 920 and have done battery drain tests with our apps to see how much strain it puts on the phone.

Your battery life comparison is pretty off from what it should be. In identical situations, doing the exact same thing on both phones, your 920 should last you about 30% longer than the SG3. If you aren't getting that kind of battery life, there may be something wrong with your phone. Might be worth swapping out?
    30% longer not true now with Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly bean update fixes GS3 power problem! Should get the same amount of time & power out of that 2100mAh battery.
    02-26-2013 04:20 PM
    I find it weird that to maintain good battery life on a phone someone should dwell to a slower speed lol.....really? Does the S3, or Note 2 have that issue where you need to slow down to old 3G to maintain good battery 0_o
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    02-26-2013 10:53 PM
    Want Pandora with unlimited skips, no audio ads, and full lyrics for free? Try Graffiti Radio. Metroradio is another 3rd party Pandora app.
    dgreening likes this.
    02-26-2013 11:18 PM
    I find it weird that to maintain good battery life on a phone someone should dwell to a slower speed lol.....really? Does the S3, or Note 2 have that issue where you need to slow down to old 3G to maintain good battery 0_o
    Yes ALL smartphones have to either be clocked down or use slower internet which in turn clocks down in order to have longer battery. This problem is easy to notice and understand on Android where cores are added like free whipped cream on latte. The batteries aren't evolving at all. The innovations are in processors, screens, audio and camera but our batteries are nearly the same technology as 2000. We've only managed to learn and put bigger sized battery on phone. Of course a phone with car battery attached will last longer than others.
    dgreening likes this.
    02-27-2013 03:21 AM
    Thanks for the Graffiti app. Seems to work great.

I am really liking this phone but I still have more questions:
    1. Can the proximity sensor turn off when I am using my headphones? When I want to multi-task I have to be careful to keep my hand from it or the screen goes black.
    2. I thought I saw a setting to turn alerts off during certain times (similar to "Do Not Disturb" in iOS). I thought it started at 00:00 and when to 08:00 or 06:00 but I can't find it again.
    3. Is there anyway to get to the top of the list in a hurry? Ex. iOS tap the menu bar; G3 double tap the top of the phone

Thanks in advance
    02-27-2013 02:29 PM
    Thanks for the Graffiti app. Seems to work great.

I am really liking this phone but I still have more questions:
    1. Can the proximity sensor turn off when I am using my headphones? When I want to multi-task I have to be careful to keep my hand from it or the screen goes black.
    2. I thought I saw a setting to turn alerts off during certain times (similar to "Do Not Disturb" in iOS). I thought it started at 00:00 and when to 08:00 or 06:00 but I can't find it again.
    3. Is there anyway to get to the top of the list in a hurry? Ex. iOS tap the menu bar; G3 double tap the top of the phone

Thanks in advance
    1. No
    2. Never seen that
    3. Yes, on app list double tap Windows key, it will take you to tiles view but when you swipe left, you will be on top. Or press any alphabet on list, tap A.
    02-28-2013 04:53 AM
    6. Poor battery Life. ( hardly 6-7 hours with moderate use) on wifi .. whatsapp and emails functional.
    you have a lemon. even on my first day I was getting 8 with extremely heavy use from new phone syndrome.. i suggest you exchange it for a new set
    Amit Arora1 likes this.
    02-28-2013 05:06 AM
    you have a lemon. even on my first day I was getting 8 with extremely heavy use from new phone syndrome.. i suggest you exchange it for a new set
    it will be a real pain in INDIA to get it exchanged i am sure. But thanks for confirming my fear and doubts.
    02-28-2013 05:13 AM
    Yes ALL smartphones have to either be clocked down or use slower internet which in turn clocks down in order to have longer battery. This problem is easy to notice and understand on Android where cores are added like free whipped cream on latte. The batteries aren't evolving at all. The innovations are in processors, screens, audio and camera but our batteries are nearly the same technology as 2000. We've only managed to learn and put bigger sized battery on phone. Of course a phone with car battery attached will last longer than others.
    You're right about battery tech not changing......but I would have to disagree with you on the slowing down your speed to maintain battery. Unless this is a WP8 that I don't know of because my Lumia 920 will last me an entire day on LTE and I game,text, email none stop.......so idk
    03-03-2013 01:45 AM
37 12