Lumia 920 mobile internet usage

VaidasV

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Can anyone comment about the mobile internet usage with the Lumia 920? I beleve, that it is using much more MB than Blackberry devices, but is it using less than crazy iPhone 5 mobile internet usage?

For example, how many MB I can expect to use for the month if I'll use it intensively for 3 email accounts and some web browsing (no youtube). For example with blackberry bold 9900 I'm ok with 500 MB mobile internet plan.

Thanks in advance!

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a 500mb plan with my L920 and have gone over on 2 occasions, but only because I was travelling (no Wi-Fi, lots of communication & photo sharing via Facebook).

Oh and I have 2 e-mail accounts which fetch data.

K Raghu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
You can try Nokia Express/ UCbrowser Nokia Express for sure saves on dataplan.

http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-xpress-browser-beta-now-available-for-lumia-windows-phone-devices/

Data Usage Monitoring – Data usage and savings are reported as a live tile on the start page and via a detailed dashboard in the app, giving you a quick view of your data usage and savings.

Saved Pages – store any web page locally to view later from the “Saved Pages” screen or pinned to the start screen, even with no cellular data connection. Useful in situations like checking in with your mobile boarding pass at the airport when there’s no coverage, or preparing your reading list for the train ride home.

Save to SkyDrive – love that new video? Save it to SkyDrive with just a click without having to use any of your precious data plan. The video will be waiting for you on SkyDrive where you can download it later when you’re on Wi-Fi, at your PC or on a preferred data connection. Share it easily with your friends. (MP4, PDF and other file types are supported)

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anyone logs their app usage in relation to how much data used; you're just gonna have to trial and error this one. Start with a large data plan, then reduce it depending on your specific usage. I used 2.5 gb with this phone once, but have unlimited data plan and my goal is to use 10 gb :D It's hard to use that much data without tethering other devices to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett