Bluetooth problems

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is Lumia 920 specific or a Windows Phone 8 problem in general, but I'm on my third 920 and am still having Bluetooth problems. I'm not talking about syncing with car stereos although that might be the same problem, I'm talking about simple Bluetooth headsets. If I use voice commands to make a phone call (usually while driving) it will always disconnect the Bluetooth shortly after it starts to ring. Sometimes, pressing the "talk" button my headset will reconnect, but usually, I have to take it off and restart it to connect it and sometimes, I even have to go to the Bluetooth options on the phone and tell it to connect. All things I don't want to have to do while driving. If I manually dial or call a contact from the phone rather than give it a voice command to dial, it will usually connect fine, but will still sometimes disconnect the Bluetooth mid conversation. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, man times, after giving it a voice command (like saying "I'm done" after listening to a text message) it will automatically start playing music. I have to pick up the phone and pause the music that's playing through the Bluetooth headset. Is there anyway to disable that? When the headset is connected, on the Bluetooth settings, it will give the device name and under it, it says "connected voice, music". However, I cannot find an option to disable music.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i've been having bluetooth issues from the start. while portico helped tremendously, i'm still having a lot of issues with the phone not disconnecting when it should (ie - out of range or other device being turned off), as well as not automatically connecting, not using the bluetooth at all even though it says it's connected, and also often times not reading the text messages as it should (it will stop music playback and just be silent as if it's going to read the text, but then gets stuck and i have to "end call" to get music back).

i'm fairly certain i'm not the only one with these issues since there was a rather large thread on the microsoft forums about it that i participated in prior to Portico. really hoping the next OS update fixes the bluetooth issues once and for all.

ralib

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Is there anyone with experience using Bluetooth headsets with Lumia 920 and PlayStation 3. My Official PS3 Headset broke down a few months ago, and a week ago I got a job where I'm constantly behind the wheel and I have to buy a Bluetooth headset for my Lumia 920. And now I would like to buy a headset that is compatible with PS3. I found on PS3 Headset that every Bluetooth headset can be connected to a PS3, but I'm interested in anyone who has had a similar problem?

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had problems with my 920 and bluetooth ONLY after Portico. It wouldn't connect for more than a few mins at a time and would frequently fail to connect to things I'd previously connected to.
I deleted all my paired devices and did a soft reset. Then paired my devices up again.
I've not had a problem since!

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having bluetooth problems as well. I'm about to be on my 3rd 920. Mine is screwing up in my car though. I really love this phone, but if I can't get one that works with my car, consistently, I will have to switch back to Android(as much as I hate to).

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having bluetooth problems as well. I'm about to be on my 3rd 920. Mine is screwing up in my car though. I really love this phone, but if I can't get one that works with my car, consistently, I will have to switch back to Android(as much as I hate to).

yep, i'm in the same boat as you. the bluetooth on this phone is atrocious. if this doesn't get fixed with a new firmware update then i'm jumping ship, most likely to android. here are the problems i have with bluetooth:

-does not always auto reconnect
-does not always disconnect, and when i try to switch it off on the phone it hangs and kills all audio from coming out of the phone until i do a soft reset
-audio streaming is fragmented and starts and stops continuously
-txt messages are not always read aloud, sometimes it just interrupts the music playing in my car and sits silent doing nothing until i hit the 'hang up' button on my radio

i have tried just about everything but the problems persist and bluetooth in the car is extremely important to me.

Mike Grieshop

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with mine. After I make a phone call with the bluetooth, hang up, the music automatically starts playing! Every single time...drives me nuts. I have to keep pausing the music. I only use the bluetooth for phone calls.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with mine. After I make a phone call with the bluetooth, hang up, the music automatically starts playing! Every single time...drives me nuts. I have to keep pausing the music. I only use the bluetooth for phone calls.

It's done it to me with wired headsets too that I've taken off to take a phone call so I don't think that issue is limited to BT.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm another 920 owner who's bluetooth problems started AFTER the portico update. It paired with everything fine. Now it doesn't even show up at all when other devices are searching for bluetooth connections. I'm beyond pee'd at this time. WTF is Nokia doing? My wife's 820 has no bluetooth problems. Guess my next step is to contact Nokia directly which I'll be doing tomorrow.

T850

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
BT issues here as well. I'm using a Big JamBox and this is what I experience.
- will not reconnect to JB after reading txt message. Have to power cycle the JB.
- will not stop music when out of range.

When using my Ford Sync and BT:
- Pandora continues to play after turning off vehicle and radio, just with no audio

No pairing issues. :?

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got done chatting with Nokia support. She said I had to do a hard reset. Yay. If MS had a decent enough backup system like apple I wouldn't even bat an eye. With my iphone it would literally back up EVERYTHING, even the last webpage you were on. You would never know you even did a hard reset. I'm not so optimistic with my wp.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I hate it when you are listening to Pandora on your BT headphones, pause music, turn OFF headphones and music starts up on it's own.

arkavat

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure this is a hardware problem. I had these issues with HD7 as well. I had hopes that WP8's new bluetooth stack would be better, but I fear it is not. The problem seems to be present when having a 3rd party music client alive in the background. e.g. pandora etc... I had posted in Windows Phone Developer feedback as well. No respone. :(

John Hill

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a Blue Ant v4 hands free kit. When I first connect to Bluetooth everything works. If I walk away and come back I touch it to reconnect and it says reconnected hands free voice activation is on. But it is not. I tried it with an HTC 8X and my Nokia 920 both fail. I can touch it and it will accept commands but the hands free voice activation will not work. Of course my wife's iPhone 4S works correctly. If I turn off Bluetooth on the phone and turn back it will work until I walk away again. Not a big deal but it would be nice to know why?

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a usaspec BT35-HON in my van. My wife's iPhone5 works fine with it but my 920 connects fine but constantly disconnects while playing music. It is very annoying.

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed - same issue here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)