Lumia 920 GPS still not working after 'HERE maps' update

Dinkumschnauger

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Just to let everyone know the disappointing news, for those of you whose GPS doesn't work on their Lumia 920, the latest maps update has not done anything to solve this.
Nokia Drive still works semi-reliably but there are no directions for the maps application still ;(

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
based on your post history it seems that your phone never get the gps work at all? You might want to replace it before it is too late.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I think you should ask for an exchange or at least, a fix as soon as you found that your GPS didn't work as it should, cause not working GPS isn't normal at all.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
My GPS had an issue after a hard reset, but it was just a matter of it had to recalibrate itself. Took a few minutes, but I just let it sit there in maps mode and it finally calibrated.

Dinkumschnauger

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies all. I find it hard to understand the issue as the GPS seems to find me alright but it can never seem to do directions ANYWHERE! and I've tried a lot of places. (I'm in London UK btw). As I say, Nokia Drive has rarely had an issue so I assumed it was a software issue, I guess if its not working it doesn't really matter what it is and I should see if Nokia can repair it (I can't return it as I bought it before Christmas from Clove UK unlocked!)
Etrynus - I just let it sit there in maps? Okay, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After you choose the preferred search result, you have to tab the "start navigation" in order to start navigation.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
If you fire up HERE maps, will the GPS find the signal withing 10sec or so and move to your current location? If so, your GPS is working just fine.

Just start navigating like Huime suggested.

Dinkumschnauger

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
No, the problem is it can never formulate the directions. It says 'searching for your location' even though it is roughly there and then comes up with an error saying 'can't find your location if you're indoors... etc.'
I have tried this in a number of places throughout London now and always the same result.

Ryan Sheng Lim

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
OMG!!! Mine didn't work too. Most of the time it wouldn't work even though I travel on the same road and tested it everyday. But when it did work, it's fab. And a few times, it respond only after 20 minutes..... Most times, wouldn't work at all. Felt like Nokia has cheated my money,

Davix

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Me too! Before the Portico (and the "Here") update the GPS worked well. But now (the Portico update was on 1st march) the GPS doesn't fix!
Why? It's because of Portico or Here's update?!?!?

UPDATE: after switching the language format to German (from Italian) and restarted the cell, now the GPS seems to work properly.
I don't know if this problem is correlated with this bug posted by Jay yesterday http://www.windowscentral.com/date-bug-windows-phone-8-identified-breaks-apps-some-regions but I have solved my problem in this way! Hope this would help...

Last edited:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Similar problem here. I used a different maps app for a long time (the old Bing maps I think), but finally went back to Here Maps for the nice indoor maps. It found my location, then I tried to search for directions, and when I let it switch to Nokia Drive it was never able to find my location again. At the same time the phone was getting ridiculously hot. Pretty frustrating experience. I'll go back to the old Bing Maps app, which never gave me this kind of problem.

martin curtis

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
i had the same problem after the last 'here' update, but have solved it by updating the maps (settings | applications | maps | check for updates).

ymmv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs