Price of Lumia 920 on AT&T?

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
What do you think the chances are of AT&T coming down on the price of the 920?

Here is my dilema. I currently have a Palm Pixi that is falling apart. I need to get 2 phones, but I've set aside a budget of $100. I did not get them during the BOGO, because at the time, my phone was still "working" and I figured if they were already doing a BOGO, they would surely either extend it or drop the price a bit. Well, last night a perfect storm of S*** happened to my phone. The phone unlocked itself (i've got some sort of short in there somewhere....it causes the back speakers to stay on, and when that happens, it also randomly unlocks itself) the wifi died, and TuneIn Radio was launched. I have the volume down, and the phone on silent because I use it as my alarm (vibrate)as I don't want to wake my child up at 5am because she won't go back to sleep! I used up most of my 200MB data plan before I woke up and saw what was going on!!!

That's the last straw. I need a new phone. So I'll be going up to the AT&T store sometime in the next few weeks to get my new phones. I really want to get 2 L920's but if they are at $99 and not BOGO, I just can't afford it. So, my question to all of you is, If they don't drop the price of the L920 or offer a BOGO, do you think I'll be able to get them to give me a "BOGO" offer? I have read that when you people buy them and get the charging plate, they charge $50 for the phone, and $49.99 for the "free" charger to get it up to the $99.99. Has anybody got AT&T to just give them two phones for $100 and not get the chargers? I have been an AT&T premiere customer for many years, and have been in good standing, so maybe that'll help. :sweaty:

Thanks,
Pez

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I would call. I was in there at the end of last week and bogo was still going on.

Thanks for the advice! I just called 2 different stores. The first store (the one that i'll be going to) said, "hold on, let me check, Yes, we still have the promotion going on, and it'll probably be going through mid march at least"

Then I called another one just for confirmation and they said, "the only promo is the free charging plate, and the BOGO is expired"

Could there be different promotions in 2 COR stores that are not more than 15 miles apart?

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
They wouldn't put two corporate stores that close. One has to be a retailer. I know the one I went to is corporate. But of course if you wanted to go to the retail they would almost have to honor the deal you would think.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Amazon has the 920 for $49 so that is effectively BOGO. I've bought a cell phone on Verizon with them before and it was just as easy as walking into a corporate store.

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
They wouldn't put two corporate stores that close. One has to be a retailer. I know the one I went to is corporate. But of course if you wanted to go to the retail they would almost have to honor the deal you would think.

Nope. I assure you, they are corporate stores. there are 4 of them within a 15 mile radius of where I live!
cor.jpg

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Not every rep knows what is going on. Call the store that said the b1g1 is still on and let them know you are coming in. Ask if they have them in stock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos