Lumia 920 doesnt have local language.. or does it?

vilnis salenieks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Since operators doesnt offer this phone there in Latvia, I recently order Nokia Lumia 920.1 at the lokal internet magazine. After two days seller calls and says that awailable phone doesnt have latvian language :shocked: (it is not possible to go to the store and see the actual phone, since those internet magazines got nothing in stock)
Im confused, since from reviews I know that Nokia Lumia 920 does have latvian.. Is it possible that there is modified version of Lumia 920 and Windows Phone 8 which doesnt have this specific language?
The order is cancelled for now until I get some confirmation that there is no such modification of WP8 and seller was wrong and I can order the phone any way. Does your Lumia 920 have latvian language which in phone must be read like "latviešu"?

P.S. according to information I found on the internet, Lumia 920.1 stands for global variant of the Lumia 920, which must have language of my interest..
Global Lumia 920 gets FCC certification

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
well i guess if Nokia did not import a Latvia version then probably local retailer just import some other euro variant into the market. However you may just flash it with a variant that includes your preferred language and it will work just fine.

vilnis salenieks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Your suggestion can be solution actually, but I guess flashing the device is voiding the warranty and for 770$ device it can end pretty painful if something goes wrong..
Im very surprised to see different WP8 versions and language packs, especially after I saw very first user review of 920 (canada - Rogers) back in october 2012 and even on different continent there was that language!

6:35 minute
Nokia Lumia 920 First Review | Rogers Canada Pt.5 - YouTube

dermotw

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI, my unlocked 'euro' 920 does have latvian. That would be an RM_821_eu_euro1_276 that I bought from UK (Clove). So I think you just have to find someone who is really selling a euro version phone!

kr D.

Beau Beerlage

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Think all Lumia's just have the same languages available? My Dutch Lumia 920 at least has exactly the same languages as the one shown in the video and Latvian is between these.

vilnis salenieks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The internet magazine find a Lumia 920 with my language, which was made for Sauda Arabia, at least it was writeen on the box, however inside the phone there was listed that Manufacturer Model name: RM-821_eu_euro1_342 and there are two names of operators mentioned. In About section: EE and in Extras and Info - Mobile Operator Name: ORG-GB.
Im not familiar with operators in UK, but one thing is for sure, this phone is not intended for my countrie market. So I baught it and have high hopes that everything will work :)

Last edited:

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess it maybe flash with an UK rom by the reseller. But if they provide you warranty it should be fine. But usually reseller phones are not included in Nokia's warranty or limited warranty only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro