Help With Videos

1stWP8Lumia

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm new here, as well as new to WP8. I've actually been "looming" here for awhile now reading all the articles and many posts. I used this site and forums to help me decide to leave my iPhone 5 for WP8. And so far I love it. I especially love my 920 (yellow of course). I'm hoping I'll get to know a lot of you on you. Now on to my (first of many I'm sure) question.

I have tons of movies and tv shows that I've purchased through iTunes on my MacBook Air and I'm wanting to put some of them on my device, especially American Horror Story. But I can't seem to figure out how to do it since they all seem to be DRM protected. The programs I've tried to remove the protection have failed me and now I'm at a loss. What can I do? Is there another site that you all use to download movies and TV shows that are immediately capable of being put on the 920? Any and all advice/help is very much appreciated. Can't wait to learn more and more about all I can do on WP8! Thanks in advance guys!

Oh, and btw, my name's Tyler

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Tyler,

I download my favourite TV shows from EZTV - TV Torrents Online and have done for a number of years now. I usually just download the standard quality ones rather than the 720p versions and they play just fine on my 920 (also a yellow one :wink: ) without having to convert them.

1stWP8Lumia

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! I'll look that up. I've never had much luck downloading torrents in the past though. For some reason I've never quite understood the whole process of downloading them and opening them. Can you help me with that? Also, do you happen to know a good program that's simple to use that can remove the DRM from the existing videos I have? Again, thanks for your help. And thanks for the welcome!

Ty

Aditya Phulwani

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Tyler,

Downloading and running torrents is pretty simple. Shouldnt be a problem at all.
Download - ?Torrent - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client

Use this link to download a program called uTorrent for your mac.

Once thats done and you've set it up, you just need to go to any website that uploads torrents. My favorite and easily the best torrent site is Download music, movies, games, software! The Pirate Bay - The galaxy's most resilient BitTorrent site

On piratebay, search for any files you wanna download, tv-shows, movies, music. anything. Then you just need to click on "get this torrent". This should automatically open the torrent in uTorrent where the download will begin.
Once its done you can just go to the folder where your files get downloaded and open it.

Its quite simple.

Check this out too : How to Download Torrents - wikiHow

Cheers!

1stWP8Lumia

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much Aditya! I'm gonna get on my MacBook and check that out now. I'm really surprised that Microsoft, or Nokia for that matter, hasn't come out with an app for downloading movies and tv shows like iTunes or even Google's app (pitiful as it may be). Has there been any mention or rumor of one being developed? You would think as huge as Microsoft is they would be able to make deals with the film studios to come out with one.

Ty

Aditya Phulwani

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Not a problem.
Im pretty sure either a third party app or Xbox Music would allow you to download movies and tv shows on your phone once WP8 gets decent marketshare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2