Display turns off when on call

florde

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

My Lumia 920's display started turning off whenever I'm on a call; no matter if I'm actually holding it to my ear or just in my hands. It started doing this yesterday after I had 3 Nokia Apps updates. Not sure if this has something to do with it though. It doesn't even allow me to end a call now. The display flashes up for a short moment if I press the power button.

Any thoughts?

F.

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
Contact Nokia and demand a replacement. Do you have dirt in the front facing camera? I had two 920's with the same issue and supposedly it was an issue with the older batches. They supposedly fixed this issue in the newer ones and I just got a replacement today, will see how it goes. Nothing you will do will fix the issue, its a defect.

jeffgeno

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen to me recently. The proximity sensor had gotten dust in it. Blow some compressed air in the seam near the upper right of the screen and it should clear it out.

JSNDarko

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyway to tell if its a newer model? Besides waiting to see if it collects dust again? I just sent my second 920 to Nokia for replacement for the same issue among others and was just curious if there is a way to check once I get whatever they send me back.

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Contact Nokia and demand a replacement. Do you have dirt in the front facing camera? I had two 920's with the same issue and supposedly it was an issue with the older batches. They supposedly fixed this issue in the newer ones and I just got a replacement today, will see how it goes. Nothing you will do will fix the issue, its a defect.

I hope it was an issue with older batches, I got mine replaced the other day for that reason so fingers crossed I got a new one I guess :/

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have this defect too and noticed it only started after I did my 3rd hard reset.
Before that, it was functioning well without issue.
I have Portico installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb