Becoming a Lumia 920 user soon very soon

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After 4 months of waiting..I'm finally getting it on next Monday....long wait just for the yellow....I hope it's a perfect phone.

Finger crossed that this unit is a revised one and won't have dust under proximity sensor, bad battery, rattle vibrating sound, phone turn dark during call etc. TBH, seeing all this post really worries me but heck...I might be a lucky....

Any advice for a new user? what's the #1 to do or not to do when you start to use the phone for the first few days?

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
After 4 months of waiting..I'm finally getting it on next Monday....long wait just for the yellow....I hope it's a perfect phone.

Finger crossed that this unit is a revised one and won't have dust under proximity sensor, bad battery, rattle vibrating sound, phone turn dark during call etc. TBH, seeing all this post really worries me but heck...I might be a lucky....

Any advice for a new user? what's the #1 to do or not to do when you start to use the phone for the first few days?

Welcome! And don't be worried. Remember, the vast majority of purchasers will complain more about the negatives than tout the successes of a purchase. Phones are no different.

Things to do:

Search through these forums to take a look at the top apps to download. Alot slipped through the cracks when I first started downloading. Run through the Nokia collection as well as they have some killer exclusive apps.

Also take a look at home screens for some insight on how you can develop yours. Yes, it sounds lame but it inspired me to not make a boring design.

The nice thing about a flagship phone is the ability to get some cool cases. I'd start browsing for that as well. There's always a deal going on too.

Search for the (world) famous battery post by certain WPCentral user that talks about the steps he took to "condition" his battery. He gives alot of useful tips on settings to turn off to save battery power (most of these settings you won't use anyways) as well as some really weird suggestions that seem to work as well.

Things not to do:

Don't panic. You got a killer phone!

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Nice advice by sravanv.

Also, if you are getting an ATT phone, get rid of all their apps, hehe. I am just kidding since maybe you will find some of them useful. I didn't and only kept myATT since it looks useful to keep track of your ATT account.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the advice, the phone i ordered was from expansys, it's an unlocked international version, just saw another post that kinda scares me lol put in sim card and the device won't recognize it...haha ya i'm crossing my finger that it won't be the case

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Great phone but if your coming from another platform there is a learning curve, which is no different. About three weeks you will be amazed at how quick and smooth you can get things done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon