Lumia 920 (black) and CC-1043 (yellow), problem!!!

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I was so excited about the red case I ordered a cyan too. :| AGHHH!

And here I thought I was protecting my phone.

malikons

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Thats what I am curious to know as well. My guess is, matte coating is probably more vulnerable to these scratches than glossy.

Also, now I dont know if I should still keep the case on or what? I know it'll get worse if I don't get rid of this case but then what case should I use? Confused :S

I'd still go after nokia to solve this issue. If you are seeing a similar issue, please make sure you bring it to nokia's attention and let them that it hurts to see such an expensive "premium" device to get screwed in 2 weeks by their own case.

If you are someone planning to get this case, stay away!

If you have already ordered, return it and look for some other way of protecting your device.

If you think you wont run into this issue, good luck!

malikons

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
For those who are interested in protecting their L920 and seriously concerned about this particular issue, I found a nice workaround (hopefully). There is a sticker available on ebay which covers the whole of lumia 920's body. I am thinking about putting that first before putting the case on. I am not sure if the forum rules allow me to post links (newbie here) but you can search for "Case Aufkleber GELB MELONENGELB Nokiagelb Nokia Lumia 920 Skin Cover" in ebay. It's a German seller and is willing to ship within Europe. I just ordered one and it is going to be delivered in 3 - 4 days. As soon as I have it, I'll let you know if it is any good.

Hope this helps, somewhat!

malikons

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
i've been using a black cc-1043 on my black 920 since Jan 1 and there are no marks on the phone.

lucky you, i hope it stays the same. i'd still suggest to put some kinda shield on your phone, based on so many bad experiences with this case. i do also have a black cc-1043 but i'm not sure if i have the nerve to put this case on ever again! my yellow one already started to decolorize from the edges (sort of green comes out). I see a lot of other yellow cc-1043 users complaining about this decoloration. oh man, my happiness of owning this phone has already started to fade away in 2 weeks!

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a red phone and a red case and yellow case, both cases look awful after only a couple of weeks use, really bad staining/discoloration down sides and corner. The fit is amazing but the material sucks!

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Going by the type of material this case is made of, this was bound to happen. I'm using black on black and meticulously cleaned inside and out before use. I've only removed it once since January and all is ok. Lets see what time brings.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the black 920. Been using the 1043 cases for a month while rotating between cyan, yellow and grey cases. So far no marks of any kind. My suggestion is to remove the case once a week and clean the inside of any dirt or debris. I've had rubber cases in the past cause marks or permanent scars due to dirt inside the case.

I highly doubt it's the case itself.

musik103

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem, though it's only really noticeable in direct light. When I cleaned out the case (cyan) I noticed it had a number of small clear particles which seemed to be of a similar size to the marks on the back of the phone. I wonder if the case gets some sort of residue left on it after production that's causing this?

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
For those who are having problems: Could you please the manufacturing country (if possible) in here. I just saw in another post that some are made in China while other are made in Korea. If it is a manufacturing issue with the case itself and not the dust as some suggested, this could limit it.

My two cents, heat is the cause of all this: the case gets hot because of the phone and leaves some residue on the phone. Anybody successfully tried to remove the stains? (because from the pictures, they don't look like they are scratches).

alextheangel

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Didn't know why this is an issue. Most of my phone, regardless brand, will be like that when wearing a case for a while. But thinking that if you not put a case/cover on, the back would be even worse that this. And not likely you would carry your phone ''naked'', then why this bother you.

jakem1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened on my black Lumia 800 with the official case. Sorry to say that this will be permanent.
Thought Nokia would have addressed the issue with the 920...

The same thing happened to my partner's black L800. We took the cover off recently (for the first time in a year) and the back of the phone was ruined. I guess dust and grit gets in between the case and the phone and then rubs as you use the phone.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone used the BodyGuardz products below for the Lumia 920?
- BodyGuardz UltraTough Clear Full Body
- BodyGuardz Armor Carbon Fiber

Are they rubbery-based type like Zagg's Invisible Shield? Do they cause some error with the proximity sensor?

Thanks in advance for the input :D

gary_dexter

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
For people that are having this issue - did you wipe the back of your phone and inside of the case with a microfibre cloth or similar?

If there is any dirt/grit on either when you put on the case, then this will cause what you are seeing here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett