Photos after portico update?

pauleyKills

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So I was browsing all of my photos since I got my Lumia 920 and I just noticed.......The photos I took before the update were slightly better than the photos that I am taking now. I dont know, maybe its just my camera settings from before(i cant remember what settings). Im pretty sure the portico update was suppose to fix/improve the camera so maybe its just me. But I've been reading around that some other owners of 920 didnt see much improvements on the camera.

BEFORE PORTICO:
WP_20130130_051.jpg

AFTER
WP_20130210_028.jpg

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that too. I went to some beautiful places this weekend but was SO disappointed at the ability of Lumia 920 to be a point-and-shoot device. Even using ProShot app, I ended up getting really soft pictures and no sharpness at all. I was between mountains and it pained me so much to not be able to click a single photo that represented colours in real form! Also, another thing I've noticed is Nokia's panorama are much inferior to HTC's panorama. I had used HTC Titan before and loved to take panoramas in Scottish highlands.
This weekend I tried to use photosynth and now the 360 photos alignment seems to be some tragic way out of line. It could be the compass/gyroscope in Lumia 920 or perhaps the app issue, but for some reason photosynth looked awful. All in all, I might need another weekend trip to capture the real beauty as photography wise, this one was a fail.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't really say I see any change in the camera image quality since Portico. Being a long time happy customer of Nokia cameraphones, I've been hugely disappointed with the missing sharpness of the images.

The colours, low-light performance etc. are really good, and as a video camera it works brilliantly. And the photos look fine on the phone screen itself, but as soon as you zoom in just a little, you can see there's no definition. How can a camera with a Carl Zeiss lense make such rubbish pictures?

Serious disappointment here, Nokia!

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I can't really say I see any change in the camera image quality since Portico. Being a long time happy customer of Nokia cameraphones, I've been hugely disappointed with the missing sharpness of the images.

The colours, low-light performance etc. are really good, and as a video camera it works brilliantly. And the photos look fine on the phone screen itself, but as soon as you zoom in just a little, you can see there's no definition. How can a camera with a Carl Zeiss lense make such rubbish pictures?

Serious disappointment here, Nokia!

biggest downer on the L920. No fix for the blurry pix yet!! Looks like it will be my last Lumia

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There isn't any better phone with better support out there so if not Lumia, there is nothing else.

I'll agree with the support side of things, I got mine replaced when I had the proximity sensor flaw. I love the phone, and wouldn't agree with Mr. Rafter that this is my last Lumia. I'm disappointed, but sure Nokia will issue a fix, just wish it would come quicker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium