So Two stories to share

Story One
    1. Yesterday I was in Walmart grocery shopping and i was walking and texting. I happened to look up to make sure i wasn't going to run into someone.....and I looked up to see this man who had a Lumia 920.

And not just any Lumia 920...but red which is the same as me. We both kind of just nodded at each other cuz he was looking at my phone and I was looking at his haha
    Felt great to see a Lumia as I rarely see them outside of family/friends i convinced to get one.

2. Story Two
    So my grandmother has been due for an upgrade. She really doesn't like Android. She has a Galaxy S2 I think it was. She has a lot of issues with it. She has a smartphone because "It's what the young kids have and I want to stay relevant" according to her.

Anyway, she saw my phone and it was funny

Grandma: Ooh that's a nice red case on your phone

Me: it's not a case. It;s the actual phone.

Grandma: REALLY!?! Since when did they start making colored phones?

Me: Been quite a few years.

Grandma: Oh i like these boxes on your phone

Me: Their called Tiles, Grandma.

Grandma: Towels?

Me: Tiles Grandma, their called TILES.

Grandma: Well get me one of these phones, Micah. The words are really big and the stuff is bright. What's it called?

Me: A lumia 920

Grandma: Aluminum that's 920? 920 dollars?

That went on for a few minutes....Gotta love her :D

LOL so i guess My grandmother is getting a Lumia(I'll probably get her the 8x). But I never realized it but Windows Phones really can help older people since the text is so big and the tiles(towels lol) are so bright lol.

Anyway just wanted to share that story :D hopefully someone found it slightly humorous haha
    Faragondk, CDG, nbktonic and 7 others like this.
    03-04-2013 10:21 AM
    Insert rofl-coptor here.
    03-04-2013 10:24 AM
    Cool gran!!
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    03-04-2013 10:25 AM
    She's the best!!! :) too funny.
    03-04-2013 10:32 AM
    Haha yes this cracked me up. I'm in a small town in NC so I have yet to see another WP owner aside from myself, can't wait until I do. My grandmother can barely use her really old flip phone so in amazed your grandma can use an android, windows phone is much easier but I still couldn't get my grandma to use one.

I do have a lot of stories of compliments and just how much attention I get just by holding my phone. I have the red 920 and I absolutely love it.

Thanks for sharing your stories! Love reading these.
    03-04-2013 10:45 AM
    Lol. I just moved to a small town. I was at WalMart stand saw a few people rocking Lumias and didn't really realize it. All of them had some kind of case or otterbox on. I remember seeing the camera bezel and wondering "I wonder what type of phone that is..." as I shopped. It wasn't until I got home and dropped my Lumia on the couch that I realized it. Haha. I am ashamed...
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    03-04-2013 11:31 AM
    Sorry, the Spelling Nazi in me has to say it:

The word is "they're", not "their".

My brain mixes similar words all the time, too, but the Spelling ********* in me makes me correct errors like that. I'm soooooo sorry! :S
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    03-04-2013 11:36 AM
    lol it's okay...i have a tendency to sort of type without really caring about errors haha
    Sorry, the Spelling Nazi in me has to say it:

The word is "they're", not "their".

My brain mixes similar words all the time, too, but the Spelling ********* in me makes me correct errors like that. I'm soooooo sorry! :S
    03-04-2013 01:45 PM