A new firmware for lumia 920 in navifirm?

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that is not the GDR2 firmware. It's just a general firmware update.

GDR2 files have been removed from Navifirm and nobody seems to have the files anymore.

That's Really Sad! :-( Cause i really had loved to test around a bit with GDR2 Beta...

If someone can find the GDR2 Beta Please send me a Message or Reply i would really Appreciate it!

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
That's Really Sad! :-( Cause i really had loved to test around a bit with GDR2 Beta...

If someone can find the GDR2 Beta Please send me a Message or Reply i would really Appreciate it!

I actually was able to download the RED version. I haven't flashed it to my L920 yet though but the Denmark version has the latest radio version as that of GDR2 which is what I am running on my L920

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure if this is fixable in firmware, OS, or on the hardware level, but my phone has the stupid proximity sensor problem where being in a call, even if the phone is not near my face, will turn the screen off and it's hard to get it to come back. I know to temporarily fix it with blowing on it and such but any word on if this is / can be fixed with the FW update?

inffy

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure if this is fixable in firmware, OS, or on the hardware level, but my phone has the stupid proximity sensor problem where being in a call, even if the phone is not near my face, will turn the screen off and it's hard to get it to come back. I know to temporarily fix it with blowing on it and such but any word on if this is / can be fixed with the FW update?

No because the problem is that there is a gap and dust can get inside the phone

jaY1929

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

I think its a bug problem..

on settings under brightness
automatic adjust set it to > off

test it.. make a few calls

then send it back to > on
and test again .. :)

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
People should stop posting and writing articles about these updates on navifirm so Microsoft don't get upset and force Nokia to shut down Navifirm like it was supposed to (what happened to that?). I want to be able to access navifirm files when the major updates come around!

Looks like it could be a decent update in any case.

mzoslater

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Some Photos. In first place before update, second place after update to GDR2 Beta2 Sweden.
All shots in automatic.

And some shots in low ligth without flash and in auto mode, auto mode works better now than before.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 40
  • B3.jpg
    B3.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 33
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 22
  • C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 20
  • I.jpg
    I.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 17
  • I1.jpg
    I1.jpg
    518.6 KB · Views: 19
  • J.jpg
    J.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 16
  • J1.jpg
    J1.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 16
  • WP_20130306_066.jpg
    WP_20130306_066.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 12
  • WP_20130306_070.jpg
    WP_20130306_070.jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 12
  • WP_20130307_013.jpg
    WP_20130307_013.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 14
  • WP_20130307_014.jpg
    WP_20130307_014.jpg
    901.5 KB · Views: 19

Ludwig1976

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
One million bugs, one million basic features missing and what does GDRx do? Camera improvements and custom colors.
ROTFL

M$ had really stolen my money.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
One million bugs, one million basic features missing and what does GDRx do? Camera improvements and custom colors.
ROTFL

That's all :) - I do not think so ...

Microsoft and Nokia can take my money ... but well, hope to have an OS update too, WP 8.1 :)

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome!
Flashing can be somehow understand as "format-reinstall". Although you can skip the format part and do an upgrade flash but is not recommended. It is not as easy as jailbreaking an iphone but is not that complicated either.

Yes, if you choose the "factory reset" aka the "format-reinstall" all apps and setting are gone. Although WP8 comes with a cloud backup option but I do not recommend it as it is buggy. However if you have apps that were free but now no longer available you might want to take your chance with that.

Everything is as describe in the sticky thread in this 920 board. However...
You need to have a battery 70% phone, a stable USB port and a stable power source. Making sure the process is NOT INTERRUPTED is very important!
Good luck!

That's a hoooooge help, thank you very much. :)

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
ROTFL

It sounds like you are implying that this is the final version of the software and this is not the case. Do you think Microsoft and Nokia come together and bundle the beta software each time one of them releases something? Before you make conclusions, please wait until the final build and then have a field day. I'm just as sick of Microsoft sitting on their hands as you but wait until the final software.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
ROTFL

I'm pretty sure you gave them your money. Next time do your homework before buying something less than a year old. ;)

Ludwig1976

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you gave them your money. Next time do your homework before buying something less than a year old. ;)

A lot of so called "missing features" are just a design choice. I can wait 100 years and nothing will change.
It's hard getting a complete documentation through the web befor buying a phone, since every review just speaks about camera, mail client, browser and stuff like these.

I hoped WP8 would been a change in MS mobile OS strategy, but i was wrong. It is just what WM6 was, with some new tech, of course. But its philosophy and its design are still the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss