OS lag & odd multi-tasking

matthew_b06

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So after using the Lumia 920 for a few days I've come to the conclusion that no matter how many times I restart my phone there seems to be that odd lag during the animations of opening apps. Anyone else experiencing this?

Aside from that, I have a concern regarding the OS with multitasking. Let's say I open my the messaging app, write a text and then go to my home screen and then open IE. Next, I'll go back to the home screen, open messaging again, and then go back to the home screen. When I hold down the back button to trigger multitask view, I notice several messaging windows open, all showing the same text I was writing earlier. Why does Windows Phone 8 duplicate windows in the multi task view, such as a text messages? I find it rather inconvenient to have to manually hit the back button several times to close the app, then be brought back into the app and close it again. Anyone find a way around this?

Thanks.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed a random lag the first time opening an app sometimes, such as email. It has a faint stutter before going to the inbox. If I close it, and open it, it doesn't happen.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
When I hold down the back button to trigger multitask view, I notice several messaging windows open, all showing the same text I was writing earlier. Why does Windows Phone 8 duplicate windows in the multi task view, such as a text messages?

The back button is showing you the history - including a screen shot when you left an app for another app. So it's not like alt-tab on the desktop showing you the running programs. Most of those apps in your history are closed/tombstoned/not running - when you switch back they restore (if well written) to the state they were in when you switched out. A small number might be running in the background even when you switch away.

You have to fully unwind your history for WP8 to discard it. It's awkward, but you get used to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro