Car mount and charger for Nokia 920?

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm reviewing this right now - works well with the 920, and is able to keep it charged while running GPS.

Universal USB Power Dock Pro Flex | Bracketron

Clip does cover the headphone jack, on top which means you either put it in upside down or don't use headphones in the car.

Is this the only charger that can keep a 920 charged while using the GPS? I prefer something in my windshield, do you have any suggestions?

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Damn it seems as though even the stock usb cable doesn't work in the USB port of my CT200h. Nothing happens at all, it doesn't even charge......

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Is this the only charger that can keep a 920 charged while using the GPS? I prefer something in my windshield, do you have any suggestions?

No idea... look for a 1.5A or better charger for sure, that's what the one I'm reviewing is (1.5A - many are just 1A, or less...)

jMawl

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Does the ProClip work well when rotated to 90 degrees? The description for the Lumia 920 holder says "Keeps your device upright for better reception" and it seems that the phone just "slides" into the holder, i.e., it doesn't grip the phone. Is that true? It also says that the tilt-swivel on the back of the holder can tilt 20 degrees and rotate 360, but that obviously isn't helpful if the phone falls out. Thanks.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Does the ProClip work well when rotated to 90 degrees? The description for the Lumia 920 holder says "Keeps your device upright for better reception" and it seems that the phone just "slides" into the holder, i.e., it doesn't grip the phone. Is that true? It also says that the tilt-swivel on the back of the holder can tilt 20 degrees and rotate 360, but that obviously isn't helpful if the phone falls out. Thanks.
ProClip working on wireless charging for in-car mounts. We tell you why we like 'em. | Windows Phone Central

Looks ok in landscape here, but that obviously is not the same as going down the road.

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Cannot understand why Nokia didn't design this new one to also go on the windscreen. My dashboard isn't big enough to fit it on, but besides that, but I don't like sticking stuff to my dashboard in case it damages it.

So yes -- I'm also interested in anyones suggestions of car holders for the lumia 920 :)

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
... I don't like sticking stuff to my dashboard in case it damages it. )

Check out pro clips- they have a ton of vehicle specific mounts that fit cleverly into little nooks and seams rather than sticking to the dash. Very ingenious. I'm just waiting for their wireless option for my 920.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Check out pro clips- they have a ton of vehicle specific mounts that fit cleverly into little nooks and seams rather than sticking to the dash. Very ingenious. I'm just waiting for their wireless option for my 920.
I'm kind of in the same boat, but I am starting to think that the wireless option for a car charger doesn't make any sense. For one thing, running GPS and listening to music at the same time is a battery hog and my plug in charger can barely keep up. At the rate that the wireless chargers work, I'm not sure they can keep up. Secondly, even a wireless charger is going to have to plug in somewhere, so there is no elimination of a wire coming out of the charger either way.

Thoughts?

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
jwinch - however ur phone is "free" then if u need to pick it up (for a call or smthg), not clogged with the wire, and sometimes that hassle with the wires especially when driving could be very dangerous.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
jwinch, I'd echo the above comment about having the phone free for easier load/unload. Also, depending on vehicle you may be able to hide wires almost completely.

As to battery life, I can't comment. I don't actually need navi all that often. And I would only need to keep battery from draining completely until I reach my destination.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
jwinch - however ur phone is "free" then if u need to pick it up (for a call or smthg), not clogged with the wire, and sometimes that hassle with the wires especially when driving could be very dangerous.

I have a cheap one size fits all mount that I use now with a cord coming out of the head phone jack and another one coming out of the usb for power. I am able tuck them out of the way so that it does not interfere with anything. I suppose if I was driving a clutch it might be a problem, but other than that for me personally, there seems to be no issue.

I am still concerned about the rate of charge compare to plugging it in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786