Apps no longer available to download after restore?!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
What a nightmare... I bought a yellow 920 today, passing my old black 920 down to my g/f and nothing but issues.

Started off great, the restore of apps/settings started on the yellow 920 perfectly. After an hour I noticed about 20 apps wouldn't download or install. After some research I learned these may be updates to settings no longer in the app store. SO I did a search manually here on WPCentral and got the QR scans to do those updates manually.

But noticed 3 apps that I had installed before on my old 920 (South Park soundboard, LCBO and iKamasutra) are apparently no longer "available in my region". This of course makes no sense since I haven't changed anything.

And to top it off my old 920 bricked during the factory reset option so now I'm having to go through the flashing tutorial. What a night..

Anyone have suggestions on how to get these apps back??

anon(5571020)

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue too - the error message seems to be incorrect. One example is the MS Youtube app - it's no longer published (if you check via a desktop browser you'll see this) - but, that still leaves me with 6 "downloads pending" in my app list after a restore. I don't care about installing the app, I just want to get rid of the pending/requires attention apps in my app list. . . . but I can't figure a way to do that.

anon(5571020)

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
that wasn't an option (first thing I tried) - but I've sent one of the downloads to the phone via the store and something has happened (after the phone initially being uncontactable) and now the "cancel" option is there. Weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99