OK, fixing my 920, just the glass or replace the lcd as well?

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It appears to be fully functional, except for the shattered glass, but the price difference between the 2 is about $60.
Just the outer glass without the at&t logo is like $49 but will require heating, pulling apart, removing adhesive, possibly trimming new adhesive and reassembly.
For $112 I can get the whole thing with new LCD, appears to be all together and if I understand it right would be a simple plug/play thing, no messing with adhesives and potentially having an end result I'm pissed about.

Anyone know for sure if I spend the $112 if its a simple plug/play with me just needing the torx screwdrivers?

Is my logic flawed here or are the newer $49 glass screens with adhesive a much neater and easier thing than having to remove/trim the old ones?

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Just buy the whole set and do the simple plug/play. It's obviously much easier than having to tear that apart, playing with adhesive and afraid of dusts getting in between the screen and the digitizer. Just not good. It's much safer to get a complete package mate. After all, spending $60 more is always worth it than having to spend another $112 when things went the wrong way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes